Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AFL Uniform Errors (/forums/showthread.php?t=361027)

RaiderKtulu 09-24-2009 08:27 AM

AFL Uniform Errors

Yes, sorry. I had to make this thread.

Raiders - basically, they've got the 1994 version instead of the current one. The helmet has a white shield, and the numbers on the white jersey are just an inverted version of the normal ones - the black outline isn't thick enough, and the number 1 is shaped wrong.

Titans/Oilers - look ok to me. Feel free to correct me if I'm not seeing something.

Jets/Titans - also nothing obvious to me

Chiefs/Texans - again, nothing obvious to me. The red jerseys have both the AFL patch and the Chiefs 50th season patch, the white jerseys just have the AFL. I'm honestly not sure if that's right or not but it seems odd either way

Chargers - the helmets have the modern lightning bolt. Also the helmet numbers only show up in cut scenes and replays, not during actual play - just like helmet numbers in NCAA. The lightning bolts on the pants are outlined in navy instead of powder blue. The blue jerseys have the wrong lightning bolt as well... the white jerseys are fine. I guess they're not quite as messed up as the original in-game version.

Patriots - the red helmet stripes are too thin, and the logo is mirrored on the one side of the helmet when it shouldn't be. I'm not sure about the pant stripes. I think the Patriots themselves have those messed up. I'm pretty sure that the real 1960's uniforms had red-blue-red, but the Pats wore blue-red-blue in the game vs Buffalo - which is what we have in Madden. It's also weird because I've seen a picture of them in practice with red-blue-red as well. Looks like they're accurately wrong, if that makes any sense.

Bills - look ok to me.

Broncos - look ugly as hell... but I don't see any problems.

So...there ya go.

CSL 09-24-2009 08:57 AM

Re: AFL Uniform Errors

I <3 those Bronco's unis

ZoneKIller 09-24-2009 10:01 AM

8 teams? Half of those jerseys were already in the game correct?

CSL 09-24-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneKIller (Post 2040222147)

Nah, only a couple

RaiderKtulu 09-24-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneKIller (Post 2040222147)

Technically they're all new since none of the in-game versions have the AFL jersey patches. :D

Ignoring that, it is less than half. Home uniforms were in the game for the Bills, Jets-Titans and Chargers. 13 of the 16 uniforms are new, and the new version of the Chargers has slightly less mistakes than the on-disc version.

Deuce_1982 09-24-2009 10:35 AM

Can you mix and match AFL uniform parts with modern parts?

CSL 09-24-2009 10:37 AM

Yes

destroyer 09-24-2009 12:22 PM

i just woke up and am still half asleep, anyway is the AFL pack available now?????

i haven't checked yet

im in California

:confused: