Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I found out whats wrong with the Sim Engine in this game. (/forums/showthread.php?t=361810)

gabs485 09-26-2009 09:47 AM

Donny, Ian, Check this Out PLEASE!!!

Start a Franchise and simulate the first week of the season. Now go to League Schedule and check out the scores of the week you just simulated. Go to Player Stats, you will notice that in most games there are not rushing touchdowns by anybody.

Now go to scoring summary screen, notice how almost every touchdown is 1-10 PASS. This means that Teams don't run the ball inside the 10 yard line, never. Which leads to the few amounts of Rushing TDs and inflated Passing TDs.

As of right now, this is impossible to fix, but there is a way to reduce the amounts of TDs, which is to controlled all teams and set the coaching schemes for all teams to defend the pass 100% of time. This reduces the amounts of TDs and lowers the points scored over a season by a team, sadly it doesn't increases the rushing TD's like you would think since teams are always defending the pass.

That's if you want to start a Franchise right now, in my case, I will wait for patch 2 and hopefully they have fix this issue, I know Donny showed some pics of the new sim stats engine but I hope its not a band aid for a bigger problem which is teams don't run inside the 10.

I did even more testing, I change all teams sliders to this
Run vs Pass: 0
Aggressiveness: 100
And not even with these settings they ran the ball inside the 10.
Most of the running TD's are big plays that is why only great players like A. Peterson and M. Turner archive 10+ TDs over a season.

I did even more testing, and it is not good. I went to see if this was a Sim Stat problem only. It is not. I started a practice between the Falcons(AI) and Colts(me) and place the ball at the 1 yard line and choose Random in the play selection menu. I let the CPU run plays for 4 mintunes, during this time the Falcons ran the ball 8 times with turner. 8 times out of like 50 plays!!! 90 % of the plays were play action passes to the TE or FB and 8 % were standard passes and the other 2% were runs.

Ian, Donny, please check this out, this could be a little fix instead of what changing things that could affect other aspects of the game.

Jono078 09-26-2009 10:54 AM

Re: Donny, Ian, Check this Out PLEASE!!!

Interesting stuff, hopefully Josh Looman stumbles across this thread and can have q look into it, unfortunately if it's not 100% fixed in patch 2 we'll have to wait til madden 11.

salbowski 09-26-2009 10:57 AM

Re: I found out whats wrong with the Sim Engine in this game.

Errmmm... everyone knows this.

It's been public knowledge for quite some time now. Josh Looman who deals with this stuff has been working on the sim engine for patch #2. There's a thread out there somewhere (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate.html) in which he discusses this issue and the fixes he's trying to do.

Don't think the patch will be out for 3 weeks yet so it's gonna be a wait.

gabs485 09-26-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbowski (Post 2040232368)
Errmmm... everyone knows this.

It's been public knowledge for quite some time now. Josh Looman who deals with this stuff has been working on the sim engine for patch #2. There's a thread out there somewhere (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate.html) in which he discusses this issue and the fixes he's trying to do.

Don't think the patch will be out for 3 weeks yet so it's gonna be a wait.

Josh Looman fixed the Sim Stats problem but not the AI Play selection which is the issue here.

ChuckMonts 09-26-2009 12:19 PM

i'm just happy he took the time to fix the sim stats up since it sounds like next year they are going to scrap the sim engine and try to use super sim to create the stats.

canes21 09-26-2009 12:38 PM

This has been known forever. Looman fixed it in sim stats. He doesn't really control AI play calling when you are playing a game though, but I usually allow at least one rushing TD against me before a pass TD, so I don't see a problem that way.

King Gro23 09-26-2009 01:00 PM

I rarely see the CPU run inside the ten, but i have known this problem. Why do you think FB score mostly on you (aka flat passes) & its always a playaction. you never just see a team just try and pound it out, Also Tha pass defense/ pass lanes are still way too open in the crammed areas making it too hard to not to pass in that situation. The Pass D & assignments are just terrible in this game

gabs485 09-26-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Gro23 (Post 2040232860)
I rarely see the CPU run inside the ten, but i have known this problem. Why do you think FB score mostly on you (aka flat passes) & its always a playaction. you never just see a team just try and pound it out, Also Tha pass defense/ pass lanes are still way too open in the crammed areas making it too hard to not to pass in that situation. The Pass D & assignments are just terrible in this game

But the root of the problem is the playcalling, at the one yard line, the falcons run 100% of time with michael turner. If they chose to run instead of passing this wouldn't be happening as much.