Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   RB walking on certain pass route...literally (/forums/showthread.php?t=362263)

jonesha2000 09-27-2009 11:14 AM

RB walking on certain pass route...literally

I have a funny feeling this is related to the patch that was just released. Go into practice mode and hot route your RB to run a slant route to the left or the right from the backfield and watch him literally walk his route. Now hot route him to do a streak or a square out and watch him run his route as normal. Was this done intentionally?

Radioactiveman 09-27-2009 11:29 AM

Re: RB walking on certain pass route...literally

Who knows...I've seen my RB shuffle his feet like he's runniing through tires (or trying to engage in a block) all the way down the field with no one around him on certain plays. I never saw that pre patch...seems like some odd things are happening post patch.

jonesha2000 09-27-2009 02:03 PM

Dude that's crazy...unfortunately I discovered this during a game and while waiting for my RB to finish his route I got sacked. I could not believe he was walking.

RyanMoody21 09-27-2009 02:16 PM

This is what was done prevented the RB's from exploiting the flats. No more full speed running, its now a slow trot a later developing route and in some cases routes that dont start until after the line of scrimmage.

The issue was "fixed" by hampering the offense instead of adjusting the defense.

jonesha2000 09-27-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMoody (Post 2040238123)
This is what was done prevented the RB's from exploiting the flats. No more full speed running, its now a slow trot a later developing route and in some cases routes that dont start until after the line of scrimmage.

The issue was "fixed" by hampering the offense instead of adjusting the defense.

Just like you said....hamper the offense instead of fixing the defense. Dude I cannot wait until the NBA games come out so that I can put Madden on the shelf. That is not cool by any means. It's frustrating that they do this type crap instead of fixing the real problem!!

KANE699 09-27-2009 02:38 PM

Whats funny is, this wasnt the flat issue, it was the flat routes out of i form that were the real concern the slant routes and out routes out of shotgun by the halfbacks were coverable.

jonesha2000 09-27-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KANE699 (Post 2040238251)
Whats funny is, this wasnt the flat issue, it was the flat routes out of i form that were the real concern the slant routes and out routes out of shotgun by the halfbacks were coverable.

THANK YOU!!!!! That was the first thing I thought when this happened..."these routes are not the issue"!!! Again, the same philosophy that was displayed with the rocket catch...let's just remove the receivers ability to jump insteady of correcting the problem on the defensive side of the ball....just dumb the game down to mask a problem. I really hope that this was not done intentionally.

LionsFanNJ 09-27-2009 03:21 PM

The did it to fade routes as well. all of the Lions Fade plays in the lions playbook has this. The hot route fades still work though.