Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   2k: Team Up bug that needs to be addressed. Pronto. (/forums/showthread.php?t=362299)

Pared 09-27-2009 01:06 PM

2k: Team Up bug that needs to be addressed. Pronto.

Guys, I need to sidestep questions for a bit and give you some unfortunate news.

Private Team-up games are bugged to the point where most people will deem the mode unplayable.

I'll try my best to explain.

Right now, we've encountered 2/3 bugs that absolutely kill this mode for practically everyone.

Scenario: 3 guys playing on the same team vs. the CPU. Pro difficulty. PG, SG and SF being controlled.

1) There's a bug where somehow, the PG is making their subs for the 2nd or 3rd time and while someone else is making subs and all players will have the name of the PG's player in their current position. Here is a screen shot:

Now, everyone can still make subs. The problem is only the PG's name will be reflected. The other players can press left or right and you will see guys get off the bench, but you can't see their names in that menu. This does not go away and you must restart another game.

2. Everyone has a designated color to start the game. PG is red, SG is blue, SF is yellow. These aren't the actual colors, I'm just using them for this example. Well, sometimes what is happening is after timeouts, the colors will be all screwed up but you maintain your position. We've had scenarios where after a timeout (user called AND CPU called) where the PG is suddenly blue, the SG is yellow and the SF is red. There's no consistency to it, but it's very disorienting when it happens. :frown:

3. To piggyback on bug 2, there are times when the players POSITIONS will get all screwed up. In a few games where I started as the PG, I've been switched to the SG while others have been switched to other positions as well. It only switches among the user controlled positions and there's no consistency to this either. To make it worse, there are times where your player's color gets switched with the position switch as well and times where it doesn't.

Quote:

Edit: This is by design, apparently. Ok, I've just been told that the players being switched actually isn't a bug, it's on purpose.

See, what happens is you are always locked to a certain player. If someone else brings in the player you were originally, your positions are swapped.

I don't like this setup however. It causes way too much confusion. Add to that, the user never knows what's going on and if someone doesn't figure it out (as I didn't) they would come away confused and frustrated with it.

Better documentation and explanation for the user is must if you're going to do something like that.
4. When creating a team-up game privately, you are thrown into a lobby to set up the game. Once the game is over, you are brought back to this lobby where you can re-start a new game. Problem is, every time you go to restart the game, everyone but the host gets kicked a good % of the time and I believe their console freezes.

5. The CPU does not seem to make subs for the guys you are NOT controlling. If they do, they leave players in way too long and will be extremely tired. The CPU manages their fully CPU controlled team extremely well, just not your CPU teammates. You can not control the CPU teammate subs.

It's such a shame because this mode is just a complete blast against the computer now. They are running a solid offense and you really have to man up this year on your man.

Momentous and a few others tested all this out extensively last night. There is no consistency to any of these bugs, so we can't even suggest how to reproduce. If we were, I'm sure 2k would be able to address them.

For the record, we played one ranked team-up game and none of this happened during it. Not sure if that's the key or what.... but if you didn't know, in a ranked team-up game, you can't select your sides or position.

*It's a good thing I got the game early and was able to bring this to light. I'm trying to find out if it's something that can be addressed via patch. The big issue is I can't reproduce it at will.

foofighter2455 09-27-2009 01:10 PM

Re: 2k: Team Up bug that needs to be addressed. Pronto.

BUMP!!! Please fix 2k!!!

Bornindamecca 09-27-2009 01:10 PM

Good stuff, dude. At least they have a couple of weeks lead time to get on this. Who knows, maybe they can figure it out by launch, and avoid back to back years of broken online.

EvanRG 09-27-2009 01:11 PM

That's too bad. Hopefully maybe a patch can be ready to go by launch if 2k knows soon enough.

I guess it's a positive that you can't reproduce it at will, but it makes it harder to find also.

BroMontana82 09-27-2009 01:29 PM

i knew team up would still have some sort of problems somehow... :nono:

ifriedrice 09-27-2009 01:39 PM

You just never know who to blame with this stuff.

youvalss 09-27-2009 01:48 PM

What's wrong with that? I would love to have 5 Billups...Even one would be great these days...

iLLosophy 09-27-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youvalss (Post 2040237940)
What's wrong with that? I would love to have 5 Billups...Even one would be great these days...

lol. your avatar says it all.