Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Spread offense? (/forums/showthread.php?t=362412)

yanks26ngoin 09-27-2009 07:30 PM

Spread offense?

Hey, I have been trying to figure out if there was a way to change your teams offensive style and playbook. I havent seen and figured out a way to do it yet, besides changing your playbook every game. So, which teams playbook is like a spread playbook?

Guggy107 09-28-2009 02:38 AM

Re: Spread offense?

i think there might be a spread or run and gun playbook available. you can either change it before each game or you can go into your settings under my madden and change it there

MattyT 09-28-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guggy107 (Post 2040241943)
i think there might be a spread or run and gun playbook available. you can either change it before each game or you can go into your settings under my madden and change it there

^This. Set the default Offense Playbook in My Madden. Otherwise, it'll need to be reset manually.

silverandblack 09-28-2009 07:08 AM

NE Patriots run the spread.

lolfalconsbeatu 09-28-2009 09:19 AM

Judging by your avatar, if you like Michigan, Arizona's offensive playbook, specifically the 4-WR Singleback set is exactly the same, if your looking for a spread offensive playbook like Michigan's

yanks26ngoin 09-28-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu (Post 2040242338)
Judging by your avatar, if you like Michigan, Arizona's offensive playbook, specifically the 4-WR Singleback set is exactly the same, if your looking for a spread offensive playbook like Michigan's

I saw that. I like the run and gun, but I am looking for a playbook also with a few options and QB choice, because I want to bring in a dual-threat QB like McCoy or Tebow in the first year, than maybe bring in Tate when he graduates from NCAA 10(if he is in the draft class they give me in scouting).

offensewinsrings 09-29-2009 07:35 PM

Unfortunately, (and I say this as a huge fan of all spread offenses) the best that you'll be able to do as far as the spread option is the TEN playbook. They have zone read plays in three of their shotgun sets.

Other playbooks such as AZ, ATL, OAK, SF, and CLE have at least one zone read, but they are all in their respective wildcat formations. There are also no speed/power options, triple options, slot options, motion options, or any of their respective pass plays in the Madden playbooks. AZ and NO both have a non-wildcat Jet Sweep and PA Jet Sweep, though.