Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Uniforms....Is There Any Rhyme Or Reason To Which Ones Are Chosen? (/forums/showthread.php?t=362530)

Foo4Everlong 09-28-2009 04:09 AM

Uniforms....Is There Any Rhyme Or Reason To Which Ones Are Chosen?

What I was wondering is, do the teams have a schedule planned out for what uniforms they are going to wear on a specific date or game? And is there a place to see this schedule (Assuming that there isn't)? Or, do they just go by feel, with respect to whether they are winning or losing. Baseball teams tend to wear alternates on specific days, so u kinda know when to use them in the game.

I thought that it use to be that home teams wore the dark tops, except for the Skins and Cowboys who wore white tops at home, but teams don't seem to follow this pattern anymore. I was curious so that if I decided to play a Franchise I could make sure that the teams wore the specific uniform to the specific date. Thanks much. Greatly appreciated. Later

RaiderKtulu 09-28-2009 04:22 AM

Re: Uniforms....Is There Any Rhyme Or Reason To Which Ones Are Chosen?

There's really no logical reason. If you search around, a few teams have already announced what games they're wearing alternates for, but in general no one really knows until gameday.

Look at the Seahawks and the green jerseys. We weren't even totally sure if those jerseys actually existed until they finally hit the field - and they had new pants too. If you hadn't noticed, they were wearing darker navy pants instead of their normal "seahawk blue" ones.

Just pick the uniforms you want to see, it's much easier than trying to figure out exactly why the Titans choose to wear light blue on dark one week and all light blue the next.

d3athb4dishonor 09-28-2009 05:02 AM

Most teams pretty much wear whatever jerseys they want. I'm sure they only difference is the celebration of the AFL so when those teams play eachother they are going to wear those jerseys.

Kevin_D 09-28-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu (Post 2040242058)
There's really no logical reason. If you search around, a few teams have already announced what games they're wearing alternates for, but in general no one really knows until gameday.

Look at the Seahawks and the green jerseys. We weren't even totally sure if those jerseys actually existed until they finally hit the field - and they had new pants too. If you hadn't noticed, they were wearing darker navy pants instead of their normal "seahawk blue" ones.

Just pick the uniforms you want to see, it's much easier than trying to figure out exactly why the Titans choose to wear light blue on dark one week and all light blue the next.

Not true about the Seahawks, those have been in talks since the preseason.

But to answer the question, most teams have special uniforms (i.e Seahawks lime green jerseys) planned ahead, but alternates are rarely even worn much

JohnnyNutman 09-28-2009 05:56 AM

i actually asked the question about the white uniforms in the pro football thread.

one of the answers i got was that cos the weather is still warmer its better to make the away team wear their dark unis instead.

im gonna go back & check those games to see how accurate that is, but the cards did wear red tonight.

also, there might be a list of what uniforms teams wear. i stumbled across a bengals one a couple of years back that listed what they were gonna wear for each game (or maybe just home game).

RaiderKtulu 09-28-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman (Post 2040242131)
i actually asked the question about the white uniforms in the pro football thread.

one of the answers i got was that cos the weather is still warmer its better to make the away team wear their dark unis instead.

im gonna go back & check those games to see how accurate that is, but the cards did wear red tonight.

also, there might be a list of what uniforms teams wear. i stumbled across a bengals one a couple of years back that listed what they were gonna wear for each game (or maybe just home game).

Weather is one of the reasons they always cite for teams like the Dolphins wearing white at home... but it's far from universal. Prior to last season, the Raiders had never worn white at home - and that's including plenty of seasons with 90+ weather in Los Angeles. The weather thing also doesn't apply to night games - no sun for the dark colors to absorb so no advantage in wearing white.

There really are no rules for it, other than the home team being the one to choose. And even that doesn't always work out right if we remember a couple years ago with the Broncos "forgetting" to bring blue jerseys and forcing the Chargers to wear dark at home in the hot weather.

stlstudios189 09-28-2009 07:11 AM

yeah the home team choice thing is the only rule. A few seasons ago it seemed like the Browns wore white the entire season except when they played at Dallas.

Beasts Inc 09-28-2009 11:10 AM

it depends, from what I know, teams schedule this stuff far in advance. The Bears wearing their navy jerseys for the home opener against the Steelers was mentioned during TC I believe (since they usually wear white in the HO because of the heat. Tampa usually starts off the year wearing white because of the heat.

I know alts are usually planned in advance, using the Bears as an example again, they'll be wearing their orange "pumpkin" jerseys in the game against the Browns

but those Seahawks abominations of an alternate should be burnt, ugh.... I got a headache just looking at them.