Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Whats the most Tackles you've gotten manually? (/forums/showthread.php?t=362685)

buttsakk 09-28-2009 02:39 PM

Whats the most Tackles you've gotten manually?

... And how did you accomplish this.

For me, the other day I got 10-11 Solo tackles (no assists) with Patrick Willis, playing a 12min/fast/15sec-runoff.

I changed up my style against the run, I use stay back and wait for the RB to get to me. However this lead to me getting "Suction Blocked" by a LT or RT from out of nowhere.

Now I try to shoot a gap the RB is going for... hope that I get the correct push off/stick move off the blocker, and run into the ball carrier.

DX UnLeaSheD 09-28-2009 03:40 PM

Re: Whats the most Tackles you've gotten manually?

I know this is kind of off your topic..But, my friend and I were playing Co-op and he broke the single game sack record (7) with one player.

mrpotatohead5 09-28-2009 03:47 PM

I was able to get 13 with Nick Barnett playing 4-3 mainly with quarters at 13 minutes, 15 second run off and slow pace.

I have a hard time getting the real tackle numbers in 3-4, i do not recall ever getting more than 10 and that was only because I got tore up by a running back and got a ton of tackles with Bigby.

buttsakk 09-28-2009 04:52 PM

I just hate seeing 21 tackles by London Fletcher, and I'm at my best a 8 Tackle per game guy ;)

Anyone have any success with getting consistent MLB Tackle Stats?

eraserx13 09-28-2009 05:20 PM

i get about 6-8 tackles a game with urlacher. i play in a 3-4 and use Pinch Blitz on 1st down alot where the two OLBers and the 2nd MLB blitz in. Once all the other LBers are engaged, Urlacher is there to hit the gap and stuff the run. I also sometimes "hide" behind either the NT or the other MLB to free up and avoid the suction block.

Of course it helps to be this aggressive when you have 3 90 plus CBs (I am doing a fantasy franchise where I drafted all of my players. I went heavy defense which explains why Revis, and the two Cromarties).