Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Inactive player? Need assistance (/forums/showthread.php?t=362880)

Turbo Lax 33 09-29-2009 12:34 AM

Inactive player? Need assistance

Dear fellow Madden gamers,
I have encountered a situation that I am unable to resolve or figure out.

My 93 ovr, DT Jaye Howard went inactive during the preseason. There was no notification to me, there is no indication on his player card, he's not on the injury report, he is clearly on my roster though?? What has happened? HELP!

I have 3 DT's on my roster. I play a 3-4 defense. I was absolutely confused as to why he was not playing in the first 2 games of the season, then I went to my roster breakdown and saw that under DT, I have 2 active and 1 inactive. Since the other 2 guys are playing, it was easy to deduct who the inactive player was. My other 2 DT's are only a 74 and a 63, my stud DT is inactive and there is no way to find out why, no way to make him active?? I've tried everything I can possibly think of to get him active but I cannot figure it out. HELP!

Has anyone out there encountered this issue? Were you able to resolve it? How? HELP!

Other details just in case they somehow matter;

This is franchise mode on the PS3, custom sliders, season 5. I only simulate the pre-season games, otherwise I play every game with my team and simulate the other CPU games. During the pre-season, I moved DT Howard to 3rd string to try and protect him from injury during the simulated pre-season games. I did this for about 5 players and all the other ones are active and playing. I moved all these players back into their starting spots prior to game 1 of the regular season. DT Howard is listed as 1st string on my depth chart, shows up on the depth chart during game action, appears to be nothing wrong with him. HELP!

HELP!!!!

hatisback 09-29-2009 12:55 AM

Re: Inactive player? Need assistance

He's probably holding out for a new contract. Either sign him, trade him, or cut him.

Turbo Lax 33 09-29-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatisback (Post 2040247158)
He's probably holding out for a new contract. Either sign him, trade him, or cut him.

I remember in past games when there was a holdout it siad that on the players card. THeres no indication he's holding out. Can't cut him because of massive salary and penalties associated with cutting. Tried resigning him too but in year 5 I have little wiggle room and he already is under current contract for 5 more years. Also, having troubles trying to get fair return in trade. This guy is a 93 in his 2nd season, an absolute monster stud, all I am being offered is a couple 86 guys.

I appreciate your siggestions, but have tried most of those to no avail.

hatisback 09-29-2009 01:33 AM

Thats what it is. Last gen it would say holdout but on this gen it will not say it, he just will not play. Never understood that as it is hard to figure out what is going on.

Turbo Lax 33 09-29-2009 11:14 AM

Thanks, I will attempt to re-sign that greedy "son of his mother" tonight. He's already making a boat load of cash, pure greed is all I can say!!