Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 10 Trade Logic Not So Logical (/forums/showthread.php?t=364084)

Cap 10-01-2009 07:44 PM

Madden 10 Trade Logic Not So Logical

I start a Franchise with the San Diego Chargers using default rosters. As soon as the main screen loads the first thing I do is click “Trade Players” under the “Team Management” section of the Toggle Menu. Now that the trade screen is up I offer the following trade…

Chargers
  • DT Jamal Williams (90 OVR) age 33 “A” potential
  • FS Paul Oliver (55 OVR) age 24 “C” potential (added to avoid 55 player limit)
for

Seahawks
  • LOLB Aaron Curry (84 OVR) age 23 “A” potential
  • MLB Lofa Tatupa (90 OVR) age 26 “A” potential
  • CB Marcus Trufant (88 OVR) age 28 “A” potential
I press the Start button and the trade has been accepted by the Seahawks. I picked up three potential Pro-Bowlers including a future superstar in Aaron Curry for a declining 33 year old defensive tackle and a throw in free safety.

The interesting thing about this trade is that it only works if it’s the very first thing you do in franchise mode. If I signed a free agent, cut a player, or made any other moves before this one… the Seahawks won‘t accept the trade. To explore this further, let’s take a look at another example…

Using default rosters I start a Franchise with the Arizona Cardinals. Before doing anything I select Trade Players and offer the following trade…

CARDINALS
  • RE Bertrand Berry (83 OVR) age 34 “B” potential
CHIEFS
  • CB Brandon Flowers (77 OVR) age 23 “A” potential
I press the start button and notice that the Chiefs rejected the trade. So I back out of the trade, head into Free Agents and sign LT Kwame Harris to a 1 year $6.87 million deal with a $0K signing bonus. Now I click on Trade Players again and offer the following trade…

CARDINALS
  • RE Bertrand Berry (83 OVR) age 34 “B” potential
  • CB Michael Adams (47 OVR) age 24 “D” potential (added to avoid 55 player limit)
CHIEFS
  • CB Brandon Flowers (77 OVR) age 23 “A” potential
  • RE Glenn Dorsey (75 OVR) age 24 “B” potential
  • 2nd Round Pick

I press the Start button and the trade has been accepted by the Chiefs. The question is, what kind of impact does the Kwame Harris signing have that makes the Chiefs not only willing to trade Flowers, but also add Dorsey and a 2nd round pick into the equation?

There is obviously some sort of bug in trade logic that renders these scenarios illogical. Some may choose to work around it and only make trades that they deem “realistic,” while others may try and find ways beat the system and find the flaws to stack their team.

Articles by Andre

Who Dey15 10-01-2009 08:37 PM

Re: Madden 10 Trade Logic Not So Logical

Well um in your 2nd picture it says there is a 75 overall in that trade so...

Cap 10-02-2009 07:14 PM

bump

murdamann10 10-02-2009 07:25 PM

Weird. But that's madden for ya

mngophers21 10-02-2009 10:23 PM

The second picture has Kwame Harris on the trade screen along with Berry.

z Revis 10-02-2009 10:39 PM

LOL. I just tried your first trade. I put in Williams and Oliver and then went to the Seahawks and selected Lofa Tatupu, I pressed start just to see if they would accept and they did. So then I backed out and added in Trufant, pressed start and they REJECTED. And then I added in Aaron Curry and they ACCEPTED!?!?!?!? WTF???????? lolololol. So they rejected a trade of Williams and Oliver for Tatupu and Trufant, but then I add Curry into the trade and they accept? LOL. Very wierd. This is why I don't cheat the system. I only do trades that seem logical.

txfalconfan 10-03-2009 11:35 AM

i guess i dont try many "cheap" trades with cpu cuz i cant think of any trades they would accept but that I just couldnt do. It is weird though how the logic works, or doesnt work I guess.

leereezy 10-03-2009 02:02 PM

wait a minute.

didn't they say they worked on trade logic and stuff and that franchise mode got a good looking at this time?

why is this stuff still prevelant?