Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   APF 2K Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What resource on the web to determine CAP abilities? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364182)

bakesalee 10-02-2009 01:13 AM

What resource on the web to determine CAP abilities?

Hey folks. I want to make my teams "sim" and win the right way, but I'm having difficulty finding a resource that can identify NFL players "abilities."

For example, I created a Steve Breaston (AZ Cards, WR) and after an online game my opponent criticized my choice of "soft hands" and said to use "speed burner." I thought "Well, he had over 1,000 yards last year, soft hands seems appropriate." Then I did some reading online and read someone describe him as "fast," so my online opponent was correct.

I want to see a list of players top skills and abilities so I can not only create sim teams, but also make sure that my existing ones are legit.

DavonBrown 10-11-2009 11:24 PM

Re: What resource on the web to determine CAP abilities?

Im wondering this 2. I think you should post this in the main forum.

The15thunter 10-13-2009 05:06 PM

i try to make my teams accurate for the player, the team's play style, and game usefulness.

for a guy like steve breaston, he's known for his agility and speed, so speed burner or quick feet work, and even though he has decent hands, it's not one of the things he's known for.

unless you have espn insider or another scouting source that will tell you steadfastly what a player does and what he's great at, you have to just use what you know.

i also go to profootballreference.com whenever i make teams before 2009 and they have a stat that's called "AV" that tells you how important the player was to the team that season.

when in doubt, bounce ideas off guys on these boards or on xbox live. i'm always willing to help, so hitting me up works, too.

elgreazy1 10-16-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The15thunter (Post 2040320544)
i try to make my teams accurate for the player, the team's play style, and game usefulness.

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by The15thunter (Post 2040320544)
unless you have espn insider or another scouting source that will tell you steadfastly what a player does and what he's great at, you have to just use what you know.

i also go to profootballreference.com whenever i make teams before 2009 and they have a stat that's called "AV" that tells you how important the player was to the team that season.

:appl:

I've also started using Madden ratings to help me as well. Sometimes I'll know that X player is a good and needs some abilities but I won't exactly know how. But generally this is mainly for Bronze guys who are usually just rookies or up-and-coming guys who haven't made a name for themselves.