Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Theoretical Threat for Madden??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364187)

tomymac23 10-02-2009 01:39 AM

Theoretical Threat for Madden???

I want to pretense this with a statement saying that I have been playing madden since Sega Gen and I am a little frustrated with the direction of the series. I like the innovation of Madden and APF and was just sitting here talking to my wife about it and she being the lawyer that she is thought about this...

I'm sure the question has been raised before and there are some real guru's that know everything there is to know about Madden and its competitors here.

Why can Visual Concepts not make a football game similar to, yet updated from APF giving the end user the software application to create his/her own teams, uniforms, logos, and stadiums via a "website" like ncca football did this year? Giving the end user a place to go and create what ever football team they so chose. I'm just thinking if Visual Concepts were able to create something like this it would change the entire genre and create a synergy much needed in the sport overall. Is this wishful thinking? Or is there something to this?

I'm not saying have logo's on the game DVD or Blue Ray, stadium, or uniforms in the game, I'm saying a software that gives the end user the option to go out and find the logo, create the uniforms and the stadiums. Along with being able to edit any and every aspect of every player in the game. Not sure why this has yet to happen so anyone out there with any info on why this has yet to happen I would greatly appreciate it.

TMAC

sois 10-02-2009 01:40 AM

Re: Theoretical Threat for Madden???

Seems like 2k is scared of being sued by EA or the NFL.

ktipton87 10-02-2009 01:45 AM

I was just thinking of something like this myself. It would be like open-source software. Where people could change it to how they wanted and make improvements, unlike EA does. I bet the versions of that game would be better than anything EA ever released, unless of course they stole those ideas and slapped and EA logo on them and tried to charge us all 100 bucks!

tomymac23 10-02-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktipton87 (Post 2040263240)
I was just thinking of something like this myself. It would be like open-source software. Where people could change it to how they wanted and make improvements, unlike EA does. I bet the versions of that game would be better than anything EA ever released, unless of course they stole those ideas and slapped and EA logo on them and tried to charge us all 100 bucks!

Exactly. I was thinking of a game "High School Allstars" or whatever where you have the option of changing logo's to your "favorite high school teams." This would also give the end user unprecedented choices of creating both a college or pro team as well...

Not sure if its possible, but just thought I would ask.

TMAC

darthlaidher 10-02-2009 02:34 AM

if its open source i bet the graphics wouldnt be nearly as good as madden though.

speedkills 10-02-2009 07:08 AM

They could do "High School All Stars" with 32 high school teams from different cities around the country like Pittsburgh, Miami, Jacksonville, Denver, 2 teams from New York (who play in the same high school stadium in New Jersey) and teams from entire regions like New England. And the New England team could be an aging (by high school standards) dynasty with perhaps the most hated and successful high school coach in the league.

I like it.

ktipton87 10-02-2009 08:49 AM

Why wouldn't the graphics be as good? I don't feel that EA uses the best possible graphics. But I am just asking y they wouldnt be as good.

And one thing i am thinkng about is, is it even possible to make a video game with the depth that we are wanting in the madden series? With just EVERYTHING that there should be in the game, is it even possible to make that kind of game with our current technology? and could we even play it on the xbox360 or ps3?

tomymac23 10-02-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2040263622)
They could do "High School All Stars" with 32 high school teams from different cities around the country like Pittsburgh, Miami, Jacksonville, Denver, 2 teams from New York (who play in the same high school stadium in New Jersey) and teams from entire regions like New England. And the New England team could be an aging (by high school standards) dynasty with perhaps the most hated and successful high school coach in the league.

I like it.

LOL that's funny. What you're missing are the other 110 to 150 high school teams from around the nation that have high energy fans and wide open game play.

TMAC