Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are Pump Fakes worthless against Ds? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364618)

Soodmeg 10-03-2009 01:29 PM

Are Pump Fakes worthless against Ds?

I have been trying to see if pump fakes actually do anything in this game and I havent see a single time that I can pin point that my pump faking caused a reaction by the DBs.

Yes you can pump fake DL to jump every once and a while but that really isnt what the Pump Fake is for.

Does anyone know how to use the pump fake effectively?

canes21 10-03-2009 01:32 PM

Re: Are Pump Fakes worthless against Ds?

No they are not. If you time them with a certain route they work fine. I have had them work gorgeously in both Madden and NCAA.

Usually I will pump fake when a receiver I do not plan to throw to makes his cut. Then if the safety bites, its clear sailing to the endzone of the old streak.

countryboy 10-03-2009 01:43 PM

^^^this

Using the analog stick along with the pump fake button helps greatly as well. I do wish the pump fake was tied into the r-stick, but thats neither here nor there for this thread.

Soodmeg 10-03-2009 02:58 PM

Can someone post some videos of this happening. I just played a game where my only goal was to pump fake a DB and after about 20 of them it never worked.

nacnud 10-03-2009 03:00 PM

Don't have a video but i have seen db's react when i pumpfake as a receiver makes his cut or on a double move.

Soodmeg 10-03-2009 03:03 PM

I just realized this might be a two part question.

Yeah I have seen DB move away from WR when I pump fake but when I throw the ball they just warp sprint back to the intended WR and tackle them.

I dont know if I am using the L stick though...and I suppose to aim the pump fake first?

z Revis 10-03-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2040268743)
No they are not. If you time them with a certain route they work fine. I have had them work gorgeously in both Madden and NCAA.

Usually I will pump fake when a receiver I do not plan to throw to makes his cut. Then if the safety bites, its clear sailing to the endzone of the old streak.

This. I've never had a problem with pump fakes.

Soodmeg 10-03-2009 04:17 PM

Again, I am gonna have to ask you guys to post some type of video prove of this.

Yeah you can pump easily but I am asking if they actually work with any rhyme or reason. I have never seen a pump fake move a Db.