Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone else have this happen? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364723)

PanthersFanboy 10-03-2009 06:43 PM

Anyone else have this happen?

Playin this guy online, up 14-7 in the 2nd, get tackled at the 1st down marker and the game just sits there looking at the players in the huddle and I can't do anything. After watchin this for 5 min I had to hit the ps button and quit the game. I restarted the game and it had given me a loss and I now have a 10% DNF ( I was 5-2 with 0% DNF).

Anyone else have this problem?

Antec 10-03-2009 07:01 PM

Re: Anyone else have this happen?

I've had something similar happen to me. Did you try pausing the game? That usually returns the game to normal for me.

PanthersFanboy 10-03-2009 07:08 PM

It would not do anything. Tried pausing and everything. It was like it was about to go to the chain-gang scene but it never did.

vaibhavp3 10-03-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersFanboy (Post 2040270110)
It would not do anything. Tried pausing and everything. It was like it was about to go to the chain-gang scene but it never did.

i hate when this type of stuff happens to me in madden online, really kicks you off.

wrightnreyes 10-03-2009 10:50 PM

this has happened to me

the key is to send your opponent a PM and ask what happened. When they say IDK wait a minute and then say "I'm just gonna shut off my PS3 and quit. Wait another minute. Then PM them and say "I quit"

when you tell them they'll shut there PS3 off too and then the quit message will pop up on your screen asking whether you want to continue vs CPU...and you know the rest. Do continue vs CPU and finish the game and get the W. It's the only way. One of you is going to get the loss. Just make them believe you really did quit and they'll think nothing will happen. Yeah it's mean but I would rather them get the loss then me.

works like a charm!

PanthersFanboy 10-04-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightnreyes (Post 2040271106)
this has happened to me

the key is to send your opponent a PM and ask what happened. When they say IDK wait a minute and then say "I'm just gonna shut off my PS3 and quit. Wait another minute. Then PM them and say "I quit"

when you tell them they'll shut there PS3 off too and then the quit message will pop up on your screen asking whether you want to continue vs CPU...and you know the rest. Do continue vs CPU and finish the game and get the W. It's the only way. One of you is going to get the loss. Just make them believe you really did quit and they'll think nothing will happen. Yeah it's mean but I would rather them get the loss then me.

works like a charm!

I wish I would have thought of that. I take pride in not quiting games and when it made my DNF go up, it really got under my skin.

billyboy316 10-04-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightnreyes (Post 2040271106)
this has happened to me

works like a charm!

Don't you also have the option to not count the game? I can't remember because I haven't played online in a while. If you do have the option why not just not count the game?

wrightnreyes 10-04-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy316 (Post 2040271875)
Don't you also have the option to not count the game? I can't remember because I haven't played online in a while. If you do have the option why not just not count the game?

i guess you can do that too

it would depend on the score though. if i was winning and it was the 2nd half i'd take the W.