Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do You think this would Work? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364858)

Tyrant8RDFL 10-04-2009 02:19 AM

Do You think this would Work?

I'm currently playing Madden 08 on the PC, and I came up with this idea with the ratings.

I have decided to make certain ratings at certain positions have a min and a Max, or just a Min.

The reason why I did this was I did not believe how some of these ratings were given, and made playing with certain players unrealistic and useless.

Here is a lay out of what I did. Now I only played one game with this idea, but so far it was a wonderful experience. Now when my corner gets beat, he is still in position to make a tackle, not that he totally went somewhere else and left his wr wide open.

Now when I put a fb or hb to block on the blitz they block. they actually look for someone to block and they block. Sometimes it aint for to long but they at least made contact and slowed them down. They didn't just stand there in position just to watch the defender run right by them.

The same with run blocking. The fb makes contact with the 1st defender he sees, and sometimes he blocks well or the defender sheds the block, but he blocked and didn't run right down the field by the defender.

It was like playing a whole new game I never played before. Play calling was a all out chess match, and I loved it.

I wanted to share this and get your thoughts on this idea, and your thoughts on the min or max for any rating, or what other ratings should be taken into account for each position.

Here is the guide I created.

Player ratings

QB
AWR 75-90
TAc 75-90
THP 80-95

HB
SPD Min=87
AGL 80-95
ACC 80-95
CAT 65-80
PBk Min=65

FB
SPD MIn=70
AGL Min=70
ACC Min=70
CAT Min=65
PBK Min=65
RBL Min=65

WR
SPD Min=87
AGL Min=87
ACC 85-95
CAT 75-90
AWR 75-90

TE
SPD Min=75
AGL Min=75
ACC Min=75
CAT Min=75
AWR Min=75

ROLB
SPD Min=75
AGL Min=75
ACC Min=75
CAT 65 (GLOBAL)
AWR Min=75

LOLB
SPD Min=75
AGL Min=75
ACC Min=75
CAT 65(GLOBAL)
AWR Min=75

MLB
SPD Min=75
AGL Min=75
ACC Min=75
CAT 60(GLOBAL)
AWR Min=75

DB's (CB,FS,SS,)
SPD Min=87
AGL Min=87
ACC 85-95
CAT 75(GLOBAL)
AWR 75-90

I was able to accomplish this with a tool from Football freaks, its awesome the tools they have to customize the game.

Anyways what are your thoughts on this idea?

Thank you