Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=365152)

j4ever 10-04-2009 10:44 PM

LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

This guy has been living off his past accomplishments for the last 2 years in Madden. Last year AT BEST he should have been an 84 overall. AT BEST.

He has fallen off VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD.

This guy is a 91-92 right now in Madden. There is no reason for him to be any higher than an 82.

His footwork/agility is bad. He goes down easily too...just like Darren McFadden. Also, just like McFadden, he is not even the best RB on his team. Sproles is WAY better than LT.....just as Bush is much better than DMC. ....I digress....

Point is, Tomlinson needs to be retired from the Madden Elite players....He is not very fast anymore, he doesn't have the vision or the ability to get to the hole, and is just plain not good.

I have him at a 78 overall on my game and he plays much more like what I see on television....but a 92 on Madden is just fake. What happened to "if its in the game, it's in the game."

Donny....fix this crap.

mkharsh33 10-04-2009 11:54 PM

Re: LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

put a fork in him...he's done.

KANE699 10-05-2009 04:24 AM

Been waiting to see these madden ratings drop for him as well, hopefully he is a mid to low 80 after the update.

wrightnreyes 10-05-2009 02:32 PM

Right now LT is probably worse then just about every starting RB in the NFL.

He seems so afraid of contact. As soon as he is about to get hit he dives on the floor. Even when he doesn't dive on the floor he still goes down like he's 4 ft 2 100 pounds.

j4ever 10-05-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightnreyes (Post 2040278549)
Right now LT is probably worse then just about every starting RB in the NFL.

He seems so afraid of contact. As soon as he is about to get hit he dives on the floor. Even when he doesn't dive on the floor he still goes down like he's 4 ft 2 100 pounds.

EXACTLY. We were talking about this yesterday....only people that still like him are Charger fans that are in denial.

I'd take just about every starting RB in the league and most likely their backup before I take him.

z Revis 10-05-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4ever (Post 2040278609)

I'd take just about every starting RB in the league and most likely their backup before I take him.

LT certainly needs to go down in rating. But you've got to be kidding me with that comment. That's just going way too far..he's not THAT bad. Seriously now.

j4ever 10-05-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z Revis (Post 2040278618)
LT certainly needs to go down in rating. But you've got to be kidding me with that comment. That's just going way too far..he's not THAT bad. Seriously now.

Right now....who is he better than? He is not fast...he is old....he falls very easily....he's not agile....the only thing similar between the current LT and the LT from 4 years ago is the name on the jersey. That's it.

It's a joke if there are starting RB's on other teams that aren't rated higher than him. Even Bret Favre isn't elite in Madden... cmon Donny....this is stupid now.

JoeC 10-05-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4ever (Post 2040279996)
Right now....who is he better than? He is not fast...he is old....he falls very easily....he's not agile....the only thing similar between the current LT and the LT from 4 years ago is the name on the jersey. That's it.

It's a joke if there are starting RB's on other teams that aren't rated higher than him. Even Bret Favre isn't elite in Madden... cmon Donny....this is stupid now.

Better than Jamal Lewis, better running back than Sproles just look at his YPC this season Sproles isnt doing anything either 37 carries 90 yards 2.4 YPC this season Tomlinson 20 carries 70 yards 3.5 YPC his numbers are better than Sproles. Sproles is an elite return man and very good receiver out of the backfield but is not a good running back, Larry Johnson, the Packers backup running backs, Rams backup running backs, Joseph Addai, Willie Parker, Redskins backup Ladell Betts, 49ers backup Glen Coffee, Julius Jones or Edgerrin James for the Seahawks, The Bears backups, Backup Maurice Morris for the Lions, probably any of the Pats backs, The Bengals backups, Texans backups, Jaguars backups. Thats a few that I think he is still better than. Sure Tomlinson is not elite anymore but he is still a decent starter if he can stay healthy thats the big question mark for him now. Also the Chargers run blocking absolutely stinks.