Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Has anyone experienced this before? (/forums/showthread.php?t=365183)

z Revis 10-05-2009 01:49 AM

Has anyone experienced this before?

Has anyone created a franchise and made some trades to improve your team, or sign some free agent players, and then went to play a game and realize that your overall rating actually went down even though you definitely improved your team? I started a Broncos chise after the patch was released, made a lot of trades and clearly improved my team and somehow my overall rating went down to a 71....and just now I started an Eagles chise and made 3 trades to revamp the Eagles LB's. I got Curry, Ruud, and Sims..all 3 of those player are rated mid 80's to upper 80's which is much better than the mid 70 and low 70 rated LB's that I had before..yet somehow my overall rating went down by like 10 points. I don't understand that...Has anyone had this happen before? Not sure if it's a post patch bug/glitch or what it is. But there's clearly something wrong. How do you improve a team and then have the overall rating go down? lol.

Guggy107 10-05-2009 06:29 AM

Re: Has anyone experienced this before?

dunno...haha. i dont think the overall rating really means anything though. im pretty sure im grasping here, but maybe the team overall takes chemistry into effect?

Vikingfan84 10-05-2009 07:29 AM

I think it happens because what those previous guys gave you, you lost in picking up the new guys. It's not just about overall rating, but the overall talent of the team. Maybe now you're team lacks very greatly in a particular category (IE. - Tackling or Run Pursuit).

Just a thought...

z Revis 10-05-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingfan84 (Post 2040277146)
I think it happens because what those previous guys gave you, you lost in picking up the new guys. It's not just about overall rating, but the overall talent of the team. Maybe now you're team lacks very greatly in a particular category (IE. - Tackling or Run Pursuit).

Just a thought...

Hmm..maybe. Thanks though. I'm not really sure what it is. I'll have to look at who I have to see if I can figure it out.

z Revis 10-05-2009 10:38 PM

Ok. This is VERY odd. I did a little experimenting. I went back into my Broncos chise. The one where I made a lot of trades to get much better players. Alright, well I checked my overall rating again and it was still a 71. So I decided to release Carson Palmer from my team(traded for him) to see what would happen with my rating. I released him, checked my overall rating, and it went up by 12 points to an 83! wtf?? lol. So I backed out of my franchise and went to the main menu..didn't save anything. I went back in, remember I didn't save it so I'm back with my overall to 71 and Carson on my team. So this time I released a 3rd string Right Tackle. I checked my overall rating and it was an 87. What in the hell? lol. I then released Carson Palmer and my overall went back down to an 83. I sign Palmer back and my overall is still an 83. WTF? I put him #1 on my depth chart...still an 83 overall rating for my team. So I decide to cut another player. This time I released a 4th string SS and my overall went back up to an 87????? This is some wierd crap. There's got to be some sort of bug. But I guess from now on when I do franchises and if I make a lot of trades, I'll be sure to release a back up player so my overall rating will show.

jvaccaro 10-06-2009 05:07 PM

YES! In my Patriots franchise I was able to upgrade my SS to L Landry and my CB to DR Cromartie by trading C McCalister, draft picks, and a bevy of scrubs.

My OVR team rating went from 90 something to 70-ish. Crazy!!!

KBLover 10-06-2009 05:32 PM

Maybe trades are consider "releases" for the purposes of this rating (or otherwise considers those players as 0), but when you cut someone, it causes the game to recalculate the rating and then you see what your "real" rating is.

nacnud 10-06-2009 05:38 PM

Ive experienced my team rating lower after i made trades, i'm really not sure how it works, but to be honest i never really thought about it. It's probably an error on EA's part that just never got enough attention to fix.