Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better (/forums/showthread.php?t=366380)

Hey_Rebby 10-07-2009 08:53 PM

I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

I'm terrible running the ball and I can't seem to get my D-line to get pressure on the QB. The one area I want to improve a lot is running. It seems like I'm always getting hit right at or right behind the LOS. HELP!

Bellsprout 10-07-2009 08:55 PM

Re: I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

I had the same issue running until I realized I shouldn't lay on the Sprint button right when the ball is snapped. I don't know if that's what you're doing, but laying off the Sprint until you find the hole you want (be patient!) was the key for me.

Antkowiak 10-07-2009 09:17 PM

Re: I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

Not sprinting till you get into the secondary is key, also, if you find it necessary, drop the CPU pass defense's block shedding a bit. They seem to warp off of good blocks once you sprint, which IMO is totally unrealistic.

jmp81 10-07-2009 09:32 PM

True that! The sprint button is your enemy, find the hole first, then sprint. Be ready to make a quick juke, or stiff arm, alot of times I find that there will be one tackle you have to break early in the play, then it's off to the races.

TeamBuilder 10-07-2009 09:33 PM

AskMadden.com

astarr 10-07-2009 10:07 PM

Since they have addressed the running game, I will address sacks. Remember not to use the shoulder pads for rush moves, use the right stick. Also, do not under any circumstance mash sprint on the snap when you are on D, it seems to alert the QB. When you get the hang of the right stick and start getting by offensive linemen, than you can dive at the last second for the QB. I use Aaron Curry and so I drop into coverage a lot, but when I do use him to rush I either get a sack or pressure quite a bit. That is after totally blowing chunks when I first got the game because I kept mashing sprint and the shoulder pads. Now, if I find myself mashing sprint, I will consciously use the strafe trigger to keep my fingers busy. Hope that helps.

ace0187420 10-07-2009 11:34 PM

Hey what do u mean don't rush with your shoulder pads?

fjccommish 10-08-2009 01:23 AM

They mean don't rush with the right or left buttons, the ones over the triggers.