Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ian Cummings now has his own Sub-Forums (/forums/showthread.php?t=366831)

ZoneKIller 10-08-2009 09:19 PM

Ian Cummings now has his own Sub-Forums

on the EA sports forum to communicate with fans.Or something like that.

Just saw it at the bottom of the Madden screen

JohnnyNutman 10-08-2009 10:17 PM

Re: Ian Cummings now has his own Sub-Forums

so i guess he's done with us then?

CSL 10-08-2009 10:31 PM

I don't really blame him for shipping out of here. I doubt he realizes there are even more frothing clowns on the EA forums though :/

Segagendude 10-08-2009 10:32 PM

That's nice. I'm not hangin there, I've heard it's a bunch of twelve year olds...
on the plus side,now I won't get sucked into the pre-release hype....

marktg30 10-08-2009 10:36 PM

More like we're done with him. His inability to take harsh criticism from OSers is what led to his disappearing act.

Some people lack tact when making an argument, and I understand Ian's frustration.

However, there must also be an understanding that they are expected to put out a product and live up to the hype that they build it with.

• Server Based Online Franchise - I don't know how many of you remember them touting this as the coolest thing ever, but a lot was said about being able to upgrade a lot of stuff with this. Then finally when it came to actually doing it, 'maybe next year' is what we got.
  • Offline Franchise Mode REDUX - Starting this from the ground up with Looman. Sure, the mode was a bit less buggy (other than a few stat issues), however, the lacking of a player's draft history was rather puzzling to me (and many others).
Then, you look at progression... a totally different jump into ------no-man's land.

I'm not trying to rain down on Ian or Looman or troll about the game. I am simply being honest as to my feelings about how Madden 10 was carried out after all the community interaction and then their departure when people started to dig into the game and find major flaws.

They wanted the help of hardcore gamers and they got it. Too much of a good thing perhaps? (other than the trolls and flamers, I mean.)

roadman 10-08-2009 11:19 PM

I'm not sure what all the commotion is about.

I want over to the EA Forums and Ian has had his own forum since early Sept.

Also, I think it's pretty evident, after vacation and illness, they've been putting their nose to the grindstone and fixing 10 while working on 11.

I enjoy the interaction from time to time as much as anyone, but they probably feel the need to spend a lot more time at work vs finding time to spend in the forums.

marktg30 10-08-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2040298365)
I'm not sure what all the commotion is about.

I want over to the EA Forums and Ian has had his own forum since early Sept.

Also, I think it's pretty evident, after vacation and illness, they've been putting their nose to the grindstone and fixing 10 while working on 11.

I enjoy the interaction from time to time as much as anyone, but they probably feel the need to spend a lot more time at work vs finding time to spend in the forums.

If less community interaction meant a more cohesive bug free game, I would be all for it.

roadman 10-08-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marktg30 (Post 2040298446)
If less community interaction meant a more cohesive bug free game, I would be all for it.

I don't see anyone who wouldn't be all for it.