Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Injuries, any way to get them in played games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=367718)

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 04:50 PM

Injuries, any way to get them in played games?

First season just finished, I had ZERO injuries (that lasted beyond the game) all season. Not even 1 week jobs.

I assumed this would be fixed in the first patch, but there's no mention of it. And people are talking about getting no real injuries with the slider on 100 after 3 seasons.

What's the story?

bkrich83 10-11-2009 04:53 PM

Re: Injuries, any way to get them in played games?

Weird because I am getting them for sure.

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 04:55 PM

Crazy thing is I get them if I sim at all.

Midseason, I actually got one with Hester for 4 weeks. Was shocked, until I realised I'd tried out Supersim at the end of a blowout.

So like no injuries in 20 total games. :/

CSL 10-11-2009 05:06 PM

I just think it's pretty random. I had a Rams franchise and within the first 3 weeks of pre-season I lost Bulger for the year and Steven Jackson for 10 weeks. I've just finished the pre-season of a new Bills franchise and have had no injuries except 'out for the game' ones. There's no problem on EA's end.

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2040310345)
I just think it's pretty random. I had a Rams franchise and within the first 3 weeks of pre-season I lost Bulger for the year and Steven Jackson for 10 weeks. I've just finished the pre-season of a new Bills franchise and have had no injuries except 'out for the game' ones. There's no problem on EA's end.

No NFL team has ever gone 20 games without picking up an injury that lasted at least one game.

And this is my first 20 games. It's a billion to one.

So please don't try to switch the blame from EA, due to randomness, when this is something that would never happen. And when I searched I found out a lot of people had experienced the same thing.

Too many people seem to think because something works fine for them it is fine period.

CSL 10-11-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearlacher1 (Post 2040310420)
No NFL team has ever gone 20 games without picking up an injury that lasted at least one game.

And this is my first 20 games. It's a billion to one.

So please don't try to switch the blame from EA, due to randomness, when this is something that would never happen. And when I searched I found out a lot of people had experienced the same thing.

Too many people seem to think because something works fine for them it is fine period.

Well obviously you're gonna find people that have 'experienced the same thing' aren't you, people come here mainly to express their negative views. Do you really think there are gonna be threads titled 'Awesome, check out how many injuries I had in my franchise!!'?

And did you read the first response? That guy has them too. But hey, maybe we have different versions of the game to you. Probably another EA conspiracy

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2040310501)
And did you read the first response? That guy has them too. But hey, maybe we have different versions of the game to you. Probably another EA conspiracy

If 75% of people have OK injuries and 25% have NONE is there a problem? Absolutely.
NOBODY should be playing a full season with ZERO injuries. That is right. No Body.

Or maybe you just live in an "I'm All Right, Jack" Universe.

rsoxguy12 10-11-2009 05:48 PM

I'm in the 4th year of my franchise, and my worst injury was to an offensive lineman who was out for 2 weeks.