Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Injuries, any way to get them in played games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=367718)

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 04:50 PM

Injuries, any way to get them in played games?

First season just finished, I had ZERO injuries (that lasted beyond the game) all season. Not even 1 week jobs.

I assumed this would be fixed in the first patch, but there's no mention of it. And people are talking about getting no real injuries with the slider on 100 after 3 seasons.

What's the story?

bkrich83 10-11-2009 04:53 PM

Re: Injuries, any way to get them in played games?

Weird because I am getting them for sure.

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 04:55 PM

Crazy thing is I get them if I sim at all.

Midseason, I actually got one with Hester for 4 weeks. Was shocked, until I realised I'd tried out Supersim at the end of a blowout.

So like no injuries in 20 total games. :/

CSL 10-11-2009 05:06 PM

I just think it's pretty random. I had a Rams franchise and within the first 3 weeks of pre-season I lost Bulger for the year and Steven Jackson for 10 weeks. I've just finished the pre-season of a new Bills franchise and have had no injuries except 'out for the game' ones. There's no problem on EA's end.

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2040310345)
I just think it's pretty random. I had a Rams franchise and within the first 3 weeks of pre-season I lost Bulger for the year and Steven Jackson for 10 weeks. I've just finished the pre-season of a new Bills franchise and have had no injuries except 'out for the game' ones. There's no problem on EA's end.

No NFL team has ever gone 20 games without picking up an injury that lasted at least one game.

And this is my first 20 games. It's a billion to one.

So please don't try to switch the blame from EA, due to randomness, when this is something that would never happen. And when I searched I found out a lot of people had experienced the same thing.

Too many people seem to think because something works fine for them it is fine period.

CSL 10-11-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearlacher1 (Post 2040310420)
No NFL team has ever gone 20 games without picking up an injury that lasted at least one game.

And this is my first 20 games. It's a billion to one.

So please don't try to switch the blame from EA, due to randomness, when this is something that would never happen. And when I searched I found out a lot of people had experienced the same thing.

Too many people seem to think because something works fine for them it is fine period.

Well obviously you're gonna find people that have 'experienced the same thing' aren't you, people come here mainly to express their negative views. Do you really think there are gonna be threads titled 'Awesome, check out how many injuries I had in my franchise!!'?

And did you read the first response? That guy has them too. But hey, maybe we have different versions of the game to you. Probably another EA conspiracy

bearlacher1 10-11-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2040310501)
And did you read the first response? That guy has them too. But hey, maybe we have different versions of the game to you. Probably another EA conspiracy

If 75% of people have OK injuries and 25% have NONE is there a problem? Absolutely.
NOBODY should be playing a full season with ZERO injuries. That is right. No Body.

Or maybe you just live in an "I'm All Right, Jack" Universe.

rsoxguy12 10-11-2009 05:48 PM

I'm in the 4th year of my franchise, and my worst injury was to an offensive lineman who was out for 2 weeks.

Daniels 10-11-2009 07:40 PM

Matt Forte (who I was planning to have carry basically the entire team) went down for the entire season in my Bears franchise. Not many injuries happen that extend beyond a few games though.

billyboy316 10-11-2009 09:12 PM

I have seen many injuries with the slider at 70. The best part was I was playing the Packers as the Bears and Rodgers goes down for 5 weeks and then later in the game his backup goes down for 2 weeks. They had to play the rest of the game with their punter at quarterback. Needless to say I destroyed them.

I played a game yesterday where Landry laid out a receiver in week 6 or 7 and the receiver had a season ending injury. Now I have also had games where nobody got hurt or games where I saw only "out for games".

true blue7 10-12-2009 01:27 AM

I have played 15 games in a broncos franchise and the only injury that lasted more than the game was Buckhalter who was out 3 weeks.

I played with the slider on 60, then 65.Now im going to try it on 70 and see how it goes.

Lukin4 10-12-2009 04:00 AM

I get a good mix of injuries.... have bumped both the injury and fatigue sliders to 75, playing on 15 min quarters with 20 sec runoff. took a little while to get my auto sub settings figured out with these, but very happy with the results now.

Lieutenant Dan 10-12-2009 11:42 AM

I've started a 'Hawks chise three different times, played all the way through each of those seasons (and we ALL know the Seahawks set the standard for injuries in the NFL).

I agree it's pretty random. The VAST majority of the time when I play all games, only little 'in-game and back again' nicks occur, but basically the whole team stays healthy all year long. I might get one to three injuries when I play that last two or more weeks in a season.

Finishing the playoffs and Super Bowl this past weekend for my third Seahawks chise, I had three players go down for 6-8 weeks. Two in the NFC Championship and one in the SB. That's the most injuries I've ever had happen.

Yes, I get occasional injuries when I sim games (though still infrequent), but I want to play, not sim lol. I have fatigue and injury sliders at default. I will pump up the injury slider and see how that goes.

I'm not hoping for 6-8 starters out at a time (though for me that's realistic :wink:), but there should pretty much ALWAYS be 1-3 guys laid up in this hard-hitting league.

NOTE: 12 min qtrs with 15 second run off. Default fatigue, default injuries settings.

countryboy 10-12-2009 11:53 AM

injury slider at 100 and have seen plenty of injuries, ranging from out for a couple plays to out for the season. :)

If you're not seeing enough injuries, keep raising the injury slider until your comfortable with the amount your seeing. If you're at 100 and not seeing injuries, then maybe you're guys are super-human or something. :cool:

rockbottom3 10-12-2009 12:29 PM

I ve played three seasons myself and have only had injuries when simming games for the most part. Than I started a new one and knocked out 3 starting qbs in 4 games and had some injuries myself. All at default settings. I do think the injuries have a lot to do with fatigue. I also think that simmed injuries are to high and in game are about right except for length of time out. If someone has a swollen elbow a major hit should knock him out a few more plays and stats should be lowered to compensate for the injury.

mustardnmayo 10-12-2009 12:56 PM

I been playing with injuries at 100...see lots of them but they dont last more than a game... maybe happened once .......now simming they always happen, maybe too much

Wenkinator 10-12-2009 01:22 PM

Play as the Cowboys... I promise you that Felix Jones will go down eventually. :)

tylerd02 10-12-2009 02:11 PM

I'm in my third season with a packers chise. First two seasons never had an injury more than a game with injuries set at 100. I had read some people were getting better results around 70 so i have it there. 7 games into my 3rd season Rodgers is down for 7 weeks, Jennings is out for the season, Starting CB out for 3 weeks. I can't remember for sure if i changed my training staff in the off season but I don't know how to explain the difference. I was disappointed the first two season with the amount of injuries i was seeing but i'm more pleased with these results.

rsoxguy12 10-12-2009 03:43 PM

How do you change the injury slider in franchise?

MrHeffalump 10-12-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2040310501)
Well obviously you're gonna find people that have 'experienced the same thing' aren't you, people come here mainly to express their negative views. Do you really think there are gonna be threads titled 'Awesome, check out how many injuries I had in my franchise!!'?

Chill out, dude. I will say it's pretty funny how in totally unrelated topics you tend to see the same people saying "this is flawed!" or "no problems on my copy!" The bias both ways is blinding. I try to post on positives and negatives.

I've been playing around with the sliders and it just seems to up the amount of 10 play injuries rather than the length. Starting next season I'll probably just leave injuries off league wide.

tylerd02 10-12-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsoxguy12 (Post 2040315032)
How do you change the injury slider in franchise?

You have to change it in your profile and use that profile for your chise.