Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   It's official, I saw it on Sunday (well technically Monday) (/forums/showthread.php?t=368155)

TeamBuilder 10-12-2009 10:37 PM

It's official, I saw it on Sunday (well technically Monday)

Okay it's official for the 2009 NFL season. I saw a running back run out of the Wildcat and complete a pass. So we should see it in the game right? The ability to scramble out of a pass play on the Wildcat? No more shuffling right?

Thank you Ronnie Brown!

Palo20 10-12-2009 10:51 PM

Re: It's official, I saw it on Sunday (well technically Monday)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamBuilder (Post 2040317106)
Okay it's official for the 2009 NFL season. I saw a running back run out of the Wildcat and complete a pass. So we should see it in the game right? The ability to scramble out of a pass play on the Wildcat? No more shuffling right?

Thank you Ronnie Brown!

He threw a TD last year.

LBFitted 10-12-2009 10:53 PM

i agree they should fix that. I also think they should fix the blocking to not be so immaculate on the run! **** is fake as hell!

TeamBuilder 10-12-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palo20 (Post 2040317180)
He threw a TD last year.

Yea I've been arguing that one for a while. But now that it has happened this year it should be fixed in the patch. This year's saying was "if you see it on sunday, it's in the game."

bkrich83 10-12-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamBuilder (Post 2040317262)
Yea I've been arguing that one for a while. But now that it has happened this year it should be fixed in the patch. This year's saying was "if you see it on sunday, it's in the game."

I think it's more an anti-cheese measure than anything else. Or am I missing the point?

TeamBuilder 10-12-2009 11:07 PM

Yea the "anti-cheese" argument is the one that I've been hearing, but what about us offline franchise players? The simple solution would be to keep the shuffling for online players, but allow us offline players to scramble out of it. I don't know if you've seen it, but it looks ridiculous watching Ronnie Brown shuffle around and not be able to run.

lolfalconsbeatu 10-12-2009 11:07 PM

They do not allow the RB to scramble out the pocket and throw out of the wildcat, not because it doesn't happen in real life....

It helps cut down on cheese, especially in the online community.

I guess I wouldn't mind them disabling it for offline, but during online (ranked games especially), the wildcat is dominant enough.

Great Job EA.

TeamBuilder 10-12-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu (Post 2040317313)
They do not allow the RB to scramble out the pocket and throw out of the wildcat, not because it doesn't happen in real life....

It helps cut down on cheese, especially in the online community.

I guess I wouldn't mind them disabling it for offline, but during online (ranked games especially), the wildcat is dominant enough.

Great Job EA.

Looks like we were writing at the same time, see above.