Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   anyway to coordinate Head Coach 09 with Madden 10? (/forums/showthread.php?t=368312)

huskerwr38 10-13-2009 01:33 PM

anyway to coordinate Head Coach 09 with Madden 10?

So has anyone tried to essentially tie NFL Head Coach 09 in with Madden 10 to make a more in depth franchise mode? So what I'm going to try and do is just use head coach for all my roster moves, FA signings, off-season, draft stuff, etc. then just copy that over to the Madden franchise. I'm not too terribly familiar with Head Coach, so you think this is possible?

Daniels 10-13-2009 01:37 PM

Re: anyway to coordinate Head Coach 09 with Madden 10?

Boy that'd be a lot of work. But the drafts in Head Coach are much like the EA Drafts in Madden 10, they're draft classes, but the classes are in random order so you don't get the same one the first year every franchise. So you will get different draft classes with each game, plus all current roster moves are not made in Head Coach 09, so you'd have to do all those yourself. Also, to get Madden to sync with Head Coach franchise, you'd have to control all 32 teams and release those who are released in Head Coach, sign free agents to their assigned team to who they signed with in Head Coach, etc.

It'd be a looooot of work.

huskerwr38 10-13-2009 02:03 PM

Yea, I suppose it's probably impossible to sync up the teams because of the different draft classes. What I was planning on doing was just doing the changes to my team, the Bills not any other team so it would be more manageable. Can you edit any of the rosters for franchise mode in either game?

Dmacho 10-13-2009 03:21 PM

EA really dropped the ball as far as franchise is concerned. When you consumers start contemplating ideas like the one the OP has, is tells that franchise mode is really lacking.

And then, they had the nerve to release the game out of the box with issues. I thought that's what they were concentrating on ; if so, why all the issues ? Supposedly, they were focusing on correcting the issues.

We're four years into the development cycle of next- gen consoles. We have to yet to have 80 man rosters in the offseason/preseason , there's no injured reserve because putting a player on IR doesn't free up a roster spot ; the player's salary still counts against the cap , There's no restricted free agency period ; however, it was in last gen ; positional coaches are purely cosmetic, they have no effect on the team what so ever ; the head coach for that matter doesn't either.

Everything you see on sundays my ***. How can you say that and then release a game with a franchise mode where the head coach is irrelevant ? I could hire a special teams coach as my head coach, and it wouldn't matter. I could change playbooks from week to week with no player awareness penalty. " Everything you see on Sundays ", yeah right !

Also, we should be able to create our own plays and use them on or offline. If the devs are worried about exploits, then simply don't allow the user to change the location of the player or blitz angles ; just the stance and the assigment.

KBLover 10-13-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmacho (Post 2040320024)
We're four years into the development cycle of next- gen consoles. We have to yet to have 80 man rosters in the offseason/preseason , there's no injured reserve because putting a player on IR doesn't free up a roster spot ; the player's salary still counts against the cap , There's no restricted free agency period ; however, it was in last gen ; positional coaches are purely cosmetic, they have no effect on the team what so ever ; the head coach for that matter doesn't either.

See, this is what I don't understand either. How is it that we ended up going BACKWARDS in franchise when we move FORWARD in technology? That's insane. We get a more powerful console with a built in HD and all that - and lose options we had before.

Why oh why did they do this? I think I'm going to be twice as glad I picked up HC on the cheap.

It's like even the Madden dev. team doesn't know what they want from this game. One year it's like this, then it's like that and last year's stuff is no-where to be found. It's like one giant experiment year after year and not even keeping or fixing what was decent but worked last year.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CHP_ADM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:PMingLiU; panose-1:2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-alt:PMingLiU; mso-font-charset:136; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 137232384 22 0 1048577 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@PMingLiU"; panose-1:2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:136; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 137232384 22 0 1048577 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:PMingLiU; mso-font-kerning:1.0pt; mso-fareast-language:ZH-TW;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
Quote:

Everything you see on sundays my ***. How can you say that and then release a game with a franchise mode where the head coach is irrelevant ? I could hire a special teams coach as my head coach, and it wouldn't matter. I could change playbooks from week to week with no player awareness penalty. " Everything you see on Sundays ", yeah right !

Agreed.

Changing coaches is often a big time risk in the NFL, especially hiring a guy who's only responsible for one side of the ball (like Rex Ryan - he's a defensive guy and while I'm sure he's not ignorant of offense, his eye will be better able to see the flaws in defense at first) - and then even more risky is a position coach (see: TB).

Of course, Madden doesn't even have position coaches (which is where those attribute impacts should come in, imo).

Quote:

Also, we should be able to create our own plays and use them on or offline. If the devs are worried about exploits, then simply don't allow the user to change the location of the player or blitz angles ; just the stance and the assigment.

Agreed.

And along that line, there should be more "signature" plays/formations. Something that coach brought to his team that's unique. A certain package, a certain personnel grouping, etc.

fahrenheit 10-13-2009 04:20 PM

I've thought about this myself, unfortunately I don't think it would be possible to simulate the games, contracts, future trade picks, and RFA's to name a few problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskerwr38 (Post 2040319655)
Can you edit any of the rosters for franchise mode in either game?

I'm not sure how much freedom you have in franchise for Madden, if you control every team you should be good, but I'm pretty sure you can't edit Head Coach rosters (besides equipment) at all.

leereezy 10-13-2009 05:29 PM

this is not possible in headcoach the way it is set up.

stlstudios189 10-13-2009 05:36 PM

I would like to see a special edition Madden next season w/ a 2nd disc to incorperate all the Head Coach aspects to your Madden dynasty. It would cost more but, I think a good deal of people would be willing to pay a litttle extra for a great game.