Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Couple things everyone needs to know(Franchise) (/forums/showthread.php?t=368368)

ZoneKIller 10-13-2009 04:37 PM

Couple things everyone needs to know(Franchise)

Missing PS2's Free Agency after the draft?
Well it's there! Just go to Player Management.
Change the team until you see Free Agents and sign away.

Another thing about Big contracts.I thought this wa pretty sweet.

OK so J.Stewart HB wanted more than the default signing amount that was something like 50 mill for 6 years.I tried all the year offers(1 year to 7 year without adding more money.
Results=Nothing.

So I got pissed and said whatever and I decided to SLAP
the Franchise tag on him.BOOM! I think it was like 15 mill or something like that.

Anyways after the season was over DURING the playoffs I figured whatever I'll try and resign him now.

He took the first default offer that was the original offer I offered him in the past offseason:)

One more thing and I'll leave it at that.

Turn STAMINA slider up! It really adds more to Franchise.
I take a players stamina rating in to consideration now before I sign someone.

ALso instead of just signing someone to fill a roster spot ,you sign players that actually can contribute to your team.

I always played with stamina rather low but now I am enjoying this game so much more since I turned it up.Right now I am playing on All-Pro 8 minute qtrs,15 sec ac .Stamina at 60 right now.I love the Stamina Slider.Adds so much more to Franchise mode:)

ktipton87 10-13-2009 05:31 PM

Re: Couple things everyone needs to know(Franchise)

How exactly does it add more? Sorry, I'm not following. Please explain.

RyanMoody21 10-13-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneKIller (Post 2040320396)
Another thing about Big contracts.I thought this wa pretty sweet.

OK so J.Stewart HB wanted more than the default signing amount that was something like 50 mill for 6 years.I tried all the year offers(1 year to 7 year without adding more money.
Results=Nothing.

So I got pissed and said whatever and I decided to SLAP
the Franchise tag on him.BOOM! I think it was like 15 mill or something like that.

Anyways after the season was over DURING the playoffs I figured whatever I'll try and resign him now.

He took the first default offer that was the original offer I offered him in the past offseason:)

Ok so a player wanted more money that you had or could spend. You put a franchise tag on him. You then resign him for what he wouldn't sign for the season before?

I dont understand that unless the team went to the SB and looked to repeat, he had a bad year or was coming off injury, he was getting older or the market was full of great HB's.

Since I dont think the game takes any of that into consideration, this seems like a bug.

4949 10-13-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktipton87 (Post 2040320670)
How exactly does it add more? Sorry, I'm not following. Please explain.

I'm not sure if this is what he is getting at or not but for me stamina adds to the game because it forces you to have good depth. Long drives by your opponent will really wear down your linemen. Alot of deep routes by the opponents WRs will wear down your secondary. You can't just pound a great back at the D and not expect him to need a break.Etc... I like these things cause they add to the realism and I have substitutions set a little high so back ups will sub in.

ZoneKIller 10-13-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4949 (Post 2040321022)
I'm not sure if this is what he is getting at or not but for me stamina adds to the game because it forces you to have good depth. Long drives by your opponent will really wear down your linemen. Alot of deep routes by the opponents WRs will wear down your secondary. You can't just pound a great back at the D and not expect him to need a break.Etc... I like these things cause they add to the realism and I have substitutions set a little high so back ups will sub in.

That is exactley what I mean.It really adds so much more depth to the franchise.More realism!!

And with my RB signing.Not sure if it is a bug or no,but the prior year I had a losing season.The next year I made it to the playoffs.So that might have helped.But either way,He changed his mind and finally signed with me for a long term.I'm thinking he is about 29 or so also.I just think it's pretty cool! Good job EA!

ktipton87 10-13-2009 11:15 PM

ok i see what your saying. yea, that is definitely one aspect of realism in the games.