Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What would you suggest I do to stop this? (/forums/showthread.php?t=368467)

Murkurial 10-13-2009 11:23 PM

What would you suggest I do to stop this?

First off I have a question about unranked games in Madden 10? I know that you can load a team to play with in an unranked match as I've seen a guy pick a squad with a hornet for a logo but I didn't play him. But can someone boost up their team and take that squad online as well?

I'm asking, first off, because I just played a guy who picked the Broncos (with no stats upgraded to reflect the win over the Pats) and had Champ Bailey playing WR. I check the depth chart on my pause menu and everything that he has seems to be normal for him. 96 speed I think (or thereabouts), route running at a 60, and catching at a 74 or so. But this guy is tearing me up with him. He switched the Pats' playbook and basically ran 5 receiver sets all game and just bulleted in short passes to Royal, Marshall and Bailey. Couldn't press the receivers, couldn't drop back in a zone. Nothing I did would work. I see Royal in the slot so I run a cover 1 press to have someone over the middle, Bailey ends up running an in route and leaving the CB (Vasher) in the dust. And he caught absolutely EVERYTHING thrown his way. AND broke tackles. AND carried the ball like a loaf of bread on his way to the house.

He also had Bailey playing CB and still locking down Devin Hester even after playing an entire series at WR. And returning kickoffs, in which he did one of those "I'm almost down but I'm gonna power through the tacklers" animation and took it to the house for about 101 yards.

I couldn't run on the guy for anything (couldn't really tell what defenses he was running) but I was lighting him up from time to time through the air. The Bailey **** was just getting out of hand and I didn't really care what I did on offense anymore. I was just trying to figure out how to stop him.

He would audible sometimes to have Moreno to run straight up the field but he'd throw it incredibly early, before the LBs had any time to react and pick up their assignments and seemed to have a go-to throw for every play that I picked. On a few of the throws my CBs were in position to jump through and intercept the ball but they never would, and the the WR would break the tackle too.

I ended up losing like 45-14 or something which is the worst that I've ever lost in this game ever. In fact (and I don't really care to point this out but I figure someone'll give me the "learn to play" response) that's only the second time I've online to a random person. I don't play ranked so as to avoid the cheesers but I literally couldn't do anything to stop this guy.

I had the Bears in case you're wondering and although their pass defense isn't the best you'd think it'd be a little bit difficult for Kyle Orton to just pick them apart. Nobody seemed to wanna guard anyone and I couldn't get pressure on Orton to save my life. Not to mention Bailey doing everything for the team and still not being so tired that he couldn't shut down the right side of the field.

I think this guy might need to enter the Madden Tourney if he can play like this cuz I just got pounded relentlessly. He didn't run the ball one time and it really felt like he was throwing the ball immediately after getting it to the TEs or RBs the moment they got past the LOS.

Murkurial 10-14-2009 12:23 AM

Re: What would you suggest I do to stop this?

So nobody's experienced this then?