Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Spectacular catches, or the lack thereof (/forums/showthread.php?t=368640)

that's_what_she_said 10-14-2009 02:56 PM

Spectacular catches, or the lack thereof

What's the point of having a rating just for this if we never see these kind of catches. I see the same animations every game, only about 5 of them, yet when you go to practice mode with only the offense you can spawn several animations you've never seen in a game. Seeing the same animations really gets old not to mention that the elite WR's who do make some incredible catches in real life NEVER do this is the game even though there are animations to hold it true, and ratings too! :brickwall

I guess my only question to your guys is do yall see more of these spec catches on lower difficulties? I use DB's sliders, slightly tweaked, below All-Madden.

NoFear 10-14-2009 03:08 PM

Re: Spectacular catches, or the lack thereof

Never see them either...There's that one play that happens a lot in practice where a receiver will bobble it in the air and then catch it. That happened ONCE in a game with Mario Manningham for me, but that's about it.

kingkilla56 10-14-2009 03:08 PM

There is that one animation where you lead pass too far and the guy one hands it and rolls on the ground, then tries to get up.
I give EA positive points for that animation.

vaibhavp3 10-14-2009 04:03 PM

i get few spectacular catches in my slider set check it out

Glorious Arc 10-14-2009 04:30 PM

I am pretty sure that spectacular catch leads WRs to be more aware of the sideline. When I use Jackson and Moss on my team, Moss(99 spec catch) will always, if not most of the time, plant his feet in bounds and make outstanding catches along the sideline. Jackson on the other hand(70-80 something spec catch) will struggle to keep his feet in bounds on similar catches.

hollywood21 10-14-2009 05:19 PM

This is a major part of the pass game that Ian needs to consider fixing. I stated earlier that since they have wrap swats, hit sticks, and the unrealistic DB coverage and movement they should unlock the Spectacular catch animations to the user for all-pro and all-madden.

Its really unfair when you lob up a deep ball to your star WR and the user controlled defense turns into a defender holds the strafe button to square his shoulders to the ball and jumps higher than any other WR in the game to INT your pass.

The passing is very stale because of bad coverage and boring catch animations. Please unlock this Ian.:freddy:

vaibhavp3 10-14-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood21 (Post 2040325147)
This is a major part of the pass game that Ian needs to consider fixing. I stated earlier that since they have wrap swats, hit sticks, and the unrealistic DB coverage and movement they should unlock the Spectacular catch animations to the user for all-pro and all-madden.

Its really unfair when you lob up a deep ball to your star WR and the user controlled defense turns into a defender holds the strafe button to square his shoulders to the ball and jumps higher than any other WR in the game to INT your pass.

The passing is very stale because of bad coverage and boring catch animations. Please unlock this Ian.:freddy:

he will don't worry he improved madden drastically this year and next year he will.:y220:

Bellsprout 10-14-2009 07:05 PM

I've seen the David Tyree catch animation a few times. I'd say that's pretty darn spectacular.

It looks absolutely perfect too.