Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Field Conditions and Dirty Jerseys (/forums/showthread.php?t=368916)

A Brisk Breeze 10-15-2009 11:18 AM

Field Conditions and Dirty Jerseys

Has anyone expierienced messed up field conditions yet? or players getting their jerseys dirty? I have played a full season, rain, snow, 10 Min quaters with 15 sec clock run off. Still have yet to see any of this, do they not that it in Madden 10? They certainly have it in NCAA Football 2010 and it looks amazing. Its just the little things, but damn man, why take it out, it was awesome seeing the players get completey filthy at the end of the game where you can barely see the numbers, then you bring in someone off the bench, and they clean as whistle. I thought that was great.

northface28 10-15-2009 11:38 AM

Re: Field Conditions and Dirty Jerseys

I think its there, but not to the same effect as last year. Also a lot of teams play on the FieldTurf now so a lot uniforms are not getting dirty because of that too.

kpkpkp 10-15-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Brisk Breeze (Post 2040327999)
Has anyone expierienced messed up field conditions yet? or players getting their jerseys dirty? I have played a full season, rain, snow, 10 Min quaters with 15 sec clock run off. Still have yet to see any of this, do they not that it in Madden 10? They certainly have it in NCAA Football 2010 and it looks amazing. Its just the little things, but damn man, why take it out, it was awesome seeing the players get completey filthy at the end of the game where you can barely see the numbers, then you bring in someone off the bench, and they clean as whistle. I thought that was great.

I do see it, but rarely. But not because it's not there.

Like the above poster said most NFL teams play in domes or astro turf fields. Like in my Pats chise, there are only a couple of times in a whole season where I am playing on real grass. (Gillette stadium is turf)

But if you're playing on real grass on a rainy day, you do see it.

NCAA teams play on real grass more often. So it's natural to see dirty uniforms more often in real life and in the video game in the NCAA. And less often in real life and in Madden2010 in the NFL.

rainesdaddy 10-15-2009 01:08 PM

Not gonna see it much any way. With the few natural surfaces remaining, the care and the new draining tech, very rare fields get sloppy the way they used to.

Segagendude 10-15-2009 01:17 PM

In between plays, during the camera "zoom out" of the stadium, you'll see minor field degradation. It's not all tore up like year's past, but it's there.

On closeups of players, their uniforms are dirty, but very slightly. They don't get covered in mud during rain games anymore. (I'm using the Browns who have grass in their stadium)

Probably could've been done a little more, but it's not as ridiculous as 09 was...

JayD 10-15-2009 02:28 PM

I think degradation is done very well this year. If you actually watch real games in rainy conditions the grass barely gets torn up.

countryboy 10-15-2009 03:22 PM

both field degradation and dirty jerseys are in the game.

G-Men_in_Mass 10-15-2009 03:30 PM

I miss real grass!