Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Increase of False Starts... (/forums/showthread.php?t=369310)

JayD 10-16-2009 03:56 PM

Increase of False Starts...

Has anyone noticed that there has been an increase of CPU false starts after patch one? The last game i played the cpu had 2 false starts. It's very nice to see this finally happen.

British Bronco 10-16-2009 04:26 PM

Re: Increase of False Starts...

Two in one game? - that is lucky...but yes I agree it is slightly better under the patch.

But seeing as I have False starts/Delays of game etc at 100, I still only average about 1 every 4 games. I have boosted the holding calls as a result to artifically compensate for this quite frankly shocking botch by the EA team.

I think I've got my penalty sliders to where I want them to have the same effect. Has taken a lot of effort mind.

JayD 10-16-2009 05:14 PM

Yeah the cpu had 2 false starts! I just played another game vs the Raiders and they had one false start. I also have everything other than holding, face mask, & clipping at 100

RayAllen20 10-16-2009 09:42 PM

If you sprint towards the line before the snap you'll get some.

Segagendude 10-17-2009 02:20 AM

The "other game" had zero false starts.

I'll take Madden's "problem" any day...

KBLover 10-17-2009 03:11 AM

Only false starts I see:

-Ones against me (fine)

-Ones that the CPU commits but don't get called (complete with the "I screwed up" animation from the CPU lineman, but the play goes on)

-Ones the CPU commits but actually does get called on.

NorrinRadd12 10-17-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by British Bronco (Post 2040333454)
Two in one game? - that is lucky...but yes I agree it is slightly better under the patch.

But seeing as I have False starts/Delays of game etc at 100, I still only average about 1 every 4 games. I have boosted the holding calls as a result to artifically compensate for this quite frankly shocking botch by the EA team.

I think I've got my penalty sliders to where I want them to have the same effect. Has taken a lot of effort mind.

What do you have holding at?