Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Frustrated with offline franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=369835)

TheU26 10-18-2009 07:36 PM

Frustrated with offline franchise

Where if anywhere does it display how many players you have on your roster in franchise mode? For the life of me I cannot find it and I feel dumb but on the other hand it may just not be in the game. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

billyboy316 10-18-2009 07:43 PM

Re: Frustrated with offline franchise

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheU26 (Post 2040343185)
Where if anywhere does it display how many players you have on your roster in franchise mode? For the life of me I cannot find it and I feel dumb but on the other hand it may just not be in the game. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

I think the only place is in Roster Breakdown but even then you have to add up the players.

Not really sure why it's frustrating you though.

TheU26 10-18-2009 07:48 PM

Not really frustrating but its been a while since I have played a madden franchise, 3 or 4 years. And I vaguely remember the older versions showed how many spots were filled on your roster. Regardless, thanks for the quick reply.

billyboy316 10-18-2009 08:05 PM

No problem

rws591 10-18-2009 10:11 PM

It is frustrating in the Free Agent Wire when you offer X amount of contracts and only have Y positions open therefore the player is signed to the team with the second best deal. So I have gone to just adding it up, but it would be nice to easily see the number of players on your team and also if your roster is full, the game could prompt you to cut players if you wish.

billyboy316 10-18-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rws591 (Post 2040344002)
It is frustrating in the Free Agent Wire when you offer X amount of contracts and only have Y positions open therefore the player is signed to the team with the second best deal. So I have gone to just adding it up, but it would be nice to easily see the number of players on your team and also if your roster is full, the game could prompt you to cut players if you wish.

True but shouldn't you already know what you need and how many roster spots are open going into free agency? Plus your roster shouldn't be filled up before the draft anyways.

marktg30 10-18-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy316 (Post 2040344127)
True but shouldn't you already know what you need and how many roster spots are open going into free agency? Plus your roster shouldn't be filled up before the draft anyways.

That really depends on how you trade and sign players in the off-season.

One thing you can do is before entering Free Agency, go to the player management section and trade some of your players with expiring contracts.

Exploit... maybe, but it can be helpful.