Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why do team ratings change when you start a franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=369902)

z Revis 10-19-2009 12:49 AM

Why do team ratings change when you start a franchise?

When I go into Play Now, the Colts are rated a 91, but when I select new franchise and go to the Colts it says their overall is an 89. It's like that for various teams.. Giants are a 92 in play now, 88 in franchise. Titans are a 79 in play now, 82 in franchise. Eagles are a 90 in play now, 85 in franchise. The Jaguars are a 73 in play now, 83 in franchise. Lions are a 68 in play now, 79 in franchise. Patriots are an 89 in play now, 86 in franchise. Panthers are a 78 in play now, 85 in franchise...etc.

Why is this?

Lukin4 10-19-2009 03:57 AM

Re: Why do team ratings change when you start a franchise?

it's done this in every Madden since i can remember..... I always assumed that quick play only looks at starters to determine rating, whereas franchise mode looks at the whole roster. that's a complete guess though...

Exonerated 10-19-2009 07:09 AM

Franchise: Arithmetic mean of Starters

Play Now / ONline: Because someone said so

kpkpkp 10-19-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukin4 (Post 2040345039)
it's done this in every Madden since i can remember..... I always assumed that quick play only looks at starters to determine rating, whereas franchise mode looks at the whole roster. that's a complete guess though...

I often wondered the same thing as OP.

But I always figured the above post by Lukin was the reasoning behind the difference.

I like it that way though. Because as the years go by and players and backups change, I like to see a more accurate rating of teams overall. Which this gives you.

Backups are a big part of franchise play, as opposed to exhibition games.