Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Defensive Help Vs Pass (/forums/showthread.php?t=370003)

Matt44 10-19-2009 01:24 PM

Defensive Help Vs Pass

Hey guys,

I'm playing a 3-4 in my created team franchise and whilst my team is 2nd in the NFL against the run, i'm ranked 15th against the pass.

Apart from not blitzing as much, which I've stopped doing is there any other tips?

I blitz about 75% of the time and my starting Defense is as follows:

LE - Elvis Dumervil
NT - Gabe Watson
RE - Mathais Kiwanuka

LOLB - Larry English
MLB - Ben Gray (85OVR Rookie)
MLB - Lawrence Timmons
ROLB - Clint Sintim

CB - Chris McAlister
CB - Ellis Hobbs
CB - Fakhir Brown (nickle)

FS - Craig Steltz
SS - Allen Walters (82 OVR Rookie)

Is it just a case of finding the correct blitz/coverage ratio?

z ROCKnROLLA z 10-19-2009 01:39 PM

Re: Defensive Help Vs Pass

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt44 (Post 2040346207)
Is it just a case of finding the correct blitz/coverage ratio?

Yes it is, you should check to see if they are good at man to man or zone, pursuit, and pressing!!!
You can judge your playcalling on the players attributes!!

Also depending on your sliders, you can be owning the CPU all day defending the pass and then you get MR ROBO QB who messes up your stats!!!

Matt44 10-19-2009 02:28 PM

Well I used to (in the last madden I had - 2005 I think) use the subs section where you could go to each formation and put certain guys in certain formations. ie: coverage guys in nickle, dime, 3rd down situations....................BUT I can't find it in this edition.

Has it been removed?

z ROCKnROLLA z 10-19-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt44 (Post 2040346430)
Well I used to (in the last madden I had - 2005 I think) use the subs section where you could go to each formation and put certain guys in certain formations. ie: coverage guys in nickle, dime, 3rd down situations....................BUT I can't find it in this edition.

Has it been removed?

Yeah it has, they've mad this game to be easy to manage and simple for people who don't know much about football...and not given people who like to sim or coach the option, they seem to forget about us!!!

Matt44 10-19-2009 02:57 PM

I cant see why they would take it out. Surely its an intergral part of the games tactics? The crazy fools.

Why don't they take out the "create-a-superstar" (Yawn) gimmicky bits that i've hardly come across anyone using and concerntrate on giving us options of playing a normal game or going as in depth as we like?

Still love the game though and can't wait for the mrs to go to bed so I can have a game!

z ROCKnROLLA z 10-19-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt44 (Post 2040346563)
I cant see why they would take it out. Surely its an intergral part of the games tactics? The crazy fools.

Why don't they take out the "create-a-superstar" (Yawn) gimmicky bits that i've hardly come across anyoen using and concerntrate on giving us options of playing a normal game of going as in depth as we like?

Still love the game though and can't wait for the mrs to go to bed so I can have a game!

Yeah I haven't done the superstar mode since it 1st came out...boring as sin that mode...yawn!!!!

HAHA, I must be lucky having an understanding misses oh and the fact I just send her to the other bedroom if she wants to sleep lol!!!