Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Running Help (/forums/showthread.php?t=370086)

alali24 10-19-2009 06:29 PM

Running Help

I am having a lot of trouble running the ball. Can anyone gimme some tips or give me a link that has some help.

z ROCKnROLLA z 10-19-2009 06:48 PM

Re: Running Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by alali24 (Post 2040347536)
I am having a lot of trouble running the ball. Can anyone gimme some tips or give me a link that has some help.

click on the link in my sig

Dianwei32 10-19-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z (Post 2040347608)
click on the link in my sig

You're guide is pretty good, props for doing a good job, my only problem is #3 on "My Tips": No Sprinting and No Right Stick Moves. If you break through the initial crowd, and the only guy between you and the endzone is 15 yards downfield, why would you not sprint? Why would you not try and make him miss/break a tackle to get extra yardage?

My suggestions for a good running game: Lay off the Sprint button (at first), and learn to use the Right Stick (a bit).

Lay off the Sprint button: A lot of people hold down the sprint button as soon as they snap the ball. This is a big no-no. When you hit Sprint, it gives defenders a boost to shedding blocks (no, it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it works). Don't hit the sprint button until you reach the secondary. Sure you might give up a few yards here and there where you could have gotten a bit more sprinting, but your blockers will be a lot more useful and allow for the occasional big run. It takes practice, but it's a habit worth making.

Learn to use the Right Stick: Don't throw it every which way, but use it to make a move before you get hit (Truck/Juke depending on the player), and once more to try and break a tackle. Don't use the Right Stick too much when you're being tackled, if you do you will fumble more often while trying to make moves. Make one move (Truck/Stiff Arm for Power HBs, Juke/Spin for Elusive) and then let it play out, if you break the tackle, great, if not, don't keep trying or you might cough up the ball.

The Right Stick is essential if you want a good running game. Sure, really agile guys will be able to make cuts that defenders can't match, but Power HBs are next to worthless without the Truck Stick, and Elusive HBs are downright deadly if you can Juke well.

alali24 10-19-2009 07:19 PM

thanks guys

bhackler 10-19-2009 07:32 PM

RB with +90 speed... I-Form Tight Pair - HB Sweep. Cheese City.

Seriously though, i think laying off the Sprint, being patient, finding a hole or a cut back lane and then hitting it hard and turning on the jets has helped me more than anything.

Just like Passing, this years madden releases blockers when you hit the sprint it seems. Frees up the D-lineman when you sprint right out of the gates the same as if you sprint with the QB the D will get mega-pressure.

I like that they did this. Forces you to play smart and patient.

z ROCKnROLLA z 10-19-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianwei32 (Post 2040347706)
You're guide is pretty good, props for doing a good job, my only problem is #3 on "My Tips": No Sprinting and No Right Stick Moves. If you break through the initial crowd, and the only guy between you and the endzone is 15 yards downfield, why would you not sprint? Why would you not try and make him miss/break a tackle to get extra yardage?

My suggestions for a good running game: Lay off the Sprint button (at first), and learn to use the Right Stick (a bit).

Lay off the Sprint button: A lot of people hold down the sprint button as soon as they snap the ball. This is a big no-no. When you hit Sprint, it gives defenders a boost to shedding blocks (no, it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it works). Don't hit the sprint button until you reach the secondary. Sure you might give up a few yards here and there where you could have gotten a bit more sprinting, but your blockers will be a lot more useful and allow for the occasional big run. It takes practice, but it's a habit worth making.

Learn to use the Right Stick: Don't throw it every which way, but use it to make a move before you get hit (Truck/Juke depending on the player), and once more to try and break a tackle. Don't use the Right Stick too much when you're being tackled, if you do you will fumble more often while trying to make moves. Make one move (Truck/Stiff Arm for Power HBs, Juke/Spin for Elusive) and then let it play out, if you break the tackle, great, if not, don't keep trying or you might cough up the ball.

The Right Stick is essential if you want a good running game. Sure, really agile guys will be able to make cuts that defenders can't match, but Power HBs are next to worthless without the Truck Stick, and Elusive HBs are downright deadly if you can Juke well.

read through all comments you will get more info on what myself and my friends are saying.
You are right in what your saying but my tip #3 is for learning i.e go into practice and u will be surprised at how agile and how quick you can be with out sprinting and how many tackles you can break with out using the right stick!! I'm not saying never use sprint or the right stick, thats normally people's 1st instincts, using TURBO and the TRUCK stick!!!

I use turbo and the right stick in certain situations as I can read the D before the snap and I know what I want to do and I know what i will do if the lane isn't there, and in that scenario I will use sprint or side step and truck a mo'fo if he's in front of me!!!

My guide just gives u different options and idea's...practice all and you will see!!!