Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wow, THIS is how to you do it... (/forums/showthread.php?t=370453)

jaf112285 10-21-2009 02:37 AM

Wow, THIS is how to you do it...

My bad on the title typo. It should read "THIS, is how you do it"

It's been 3 months since Madden came out. There are still many people (like me) waiting for the 2nd patch to come out to start playing again. The first patch was OK, but didnt address the huge areas that needed change. Thats in patch #2. Still not out after 3 months. Im not sure if this is against the rules or what, I dont really care, but NBA 2k10 has a patch coming out and the game is only 2 on the market. THIS is what it addresses.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241487

Look at that. Wow.

Why does it always take Madden so long for its patches? And there are always key areas of concern that are completely disregarded. I always thought it was because the size of the patch could only be so big, or that things just werent able to be patched. Am I wrong that they halfass this?

Its just upsetting to me because with some tweaks, M10 could be the best football game ever. But instead, I feel like those things that can can be fixed wont be fixed until next year, when new problems pop up, and the circle continues...

What do you guys think?

RedZoneD25 10-21-2009 02:41 AM

Re: Wow, THIS is how to you do it...

That's a lot of stuff, but I'd say basketball to football is apples to oranges...as is 2K to EA.

This is just going to turn into a flame war...

ThaShark28_316 10-21-2009 03:49 AM

Damn...good list. But I'd lock this quick if I was a mod...because this could get uglier than Charles Barkley's golf swing.

AboveTheRim 10-21-2009 07:26 AM

Wow I am really impressed by what 2k did with that patch. Once this thread gets hot (if it does) Ian will come on here and post something backing up Madden's technology limits, meanwhile it sucks.

Blaise 10-21-2009 07:58 AM

while its a huge list of fixed for the first patch, the only thing I'd say is why did the game ship with so many things that needed to be fixed? Esp when some of these fixes are recurring items within the series(ie framerate)? I wish madden was patched earlier as well as most of us, but 2k obviously knew about most of these bugs when they shipped the game, where I believe alot of the madden ones where discovered by the community post release, imho

mr_president 10-21-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaise (Post 2040354102)
while its a huge list of fixed for the first patch, the only thing I'd say is why did the game ship with so many things that needed to be fixed? Esp when some of these fixes are recurring items within the series(ie framerate)? I wish madden was patched earlier as well as most of us, but 2k obviously knew about most of these bugs when they shipped the game, where I believe alot of the madden ones where discovered by the community post release, imho

..don't fool yourself. tons of the bugs in madden are almost as old as the game itself....the madden community found them instantly so there is no doubt in my mind that tiburon knew they were there.

it's impossible for them not to notice them....

it's a big list of fixes, but at least they are getting fixed.

AboveTheRim 10-21-2009 09:00 AM

NBA 2k10 (with all the bugs) still is the best basketball game of alltime.

M10 (with all the bugs) is barely even in the top 5 when it comes to football video games. I hope to see EA put in the work effort 2k puts in on a yearly basis.

Blaise 10-21-2009 09:01 AM

mr_president,

I'm not fooling myself, not one bit. I know the devs know about a good amount of bugs and glitches before a game ships, that's y so many titles have updated day one. But some bugs can only be discovered by the gazillion man hrs the community logs after a game is released, because like it or not, we are the ultimate testers for any game. We look to break the games we play, maybe not consciously, but we do.

so, I stand by my statement that slot of maddens bugs were unknown to the devs @ launch, or release(like the afl madden moments glitch). But ill say 2k didn't know all of those either, they couldn't have.

btw, as a 2k consumer across multiple platforms back to the dreamcast, why is it that all 2k games ship which the same core problems every yr?whether its framerate or online play, every title has those issues, and back in the day it wasn't like that