Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Seeing the whole field (/forums/showthread.php?t=370560)

renojedi 10-21-2009 02:38 PM

Seeing the whole field

OK, I know this was asked before but I couldn't find the definitive answer. Is there a set-up that allows you to see the whole field? I have tried the TV in 16:9 and 4:3 and I have tried standard and wide cam on the game settings. But, I can never see my outside recievers especially in out patterns so I end up having to roll to one side and cut down my second and third looks significantly. How do I fix this?

ridemooses 10-21-2009 02:45 PM

Re: Seeing the whole field

I have this problem when I use a small TV, but my 38'' at home has no problems seeing the whole field, what size TV do you have?

renojedi 10-21-2009 03:47 PM

32"

canes21 10-21-2009 05:01 PM

If it is a 32'' widescreen, then you should have no problem. Are you playing in 720p or 1080i or 1080p? I am playing in 1080i on my 32'' and see the sidelines on passing plays and can see the WR's on running plays.

Maybe your TV has a Crop setting or is stretched out just a little passed the perimeter. I would check the TV's actual settings like all the different Screen Setup's and Picture options.

LBzrule 10-21-2009 05:03 PM

I kinda wish we had different camera options for both offense and defense. I like Wide screen but not for defense. I like normal for defense.

jvaccaro 10-21-2009 05:25 PM

Custom camera angles would be the most obvious solution.

However, it would be nice if there was 4:3 setting in the menu that took care of this. Very frustrating. Yes, I know it's 'next gen' and I should have a widescreen TV, blah blah blah... However I do not, and I'm not going to run out and spend several hundred dollars to be able to pass to the sideline effectively.

shigogouhou 10-21-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvaccaro (Post 2040356184)
Custom camera angles would be the most obvious solution.

However, it would be nice if there was 4:3 setting in the menu that took care of this. Very frustrating. Yes, I know it's 'next gen' and I should have a widescreen TV, blah blah blah... However I do not, and I'm not going to run out and spend several hundred dollars to be able to pass to the sideline effectively.

Absolutely this. I'm rocking a 20" TV and I'm stuck dropping back 15 yards or rolling out just to see if a 5 yard curl route is open because otherwise the camera's in too close.

jnofx 10-21-2009 06:55 PM

Recession-era Madden issues.........

Set your console to widescreen in your video options... If this doesn't help, step your game up and buy the Widescreen HDTV you've had your eyes on. Sell your blood or semen or kidney or something, you'll get more use out of the HDTV.