Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Challenging plays at the end of quarters. (/forums/showthread.php?t=370899)

Vikingfan84 10-22-2009 05:05 PM

Challenging plays at the end of quarters.

I've ran into this numerous times. For some odd reason, you can't challenge plays once the time expires in each quarter. Will another patch be able to fix this?

Canadeion 10-22-2009 05:53 PM

Re: Challenging plays at the end of quarters.

There are a bazillion other times in this stupid game where it won't let you challenge. Which is especially a piss off in online games when you have limited pauses as it is, and when you use one to challenge a play and the option isn't even there.

Eski33 10-22-2009 06:20 PM

I agree that challenges is an area that needs to be expanded. One thing to keep in mind that you cannot challenge in the last two minutes of the second or fourth quarter any way.

I would like them to provide options as they did a few years ago as to what you are challenging instead of the game assuming what you are challenging. I will say the game does a decent job of understanding why you are challenging but to have the option of what and when to challenge would be nice.

Also, if you want to challenge a play that may not be reviewable an explanation as to why would be sweet just as it is in real life...

Vikingfan84 10-22-2009 07:09 PM

My friend wanted to challenge at the end of the 3rd quarter last night. Therefor me posting this thread.

But as Canadeion said, the challenge system is broke because it happens in other situations too that it isn't even an option when it should be. It should basically be an option after every play.

BennysDad 10-23-2009 03:50 AM

doesnt it always happen that way? when its a ****ed up play and u want to challenge...uh oh, its end of qtr, cant challenge. damn it! happens to me all the time!