Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   There is no real coaching in MY PLAYER mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=370996)

FOREST007 10-22-2009 11:34 PM

There is no real coaching in MY PLAYER mode

i wish they would run it a lot more like an association than a superstar mode

some problems im having (9 minute quarters):
  • the nuggets are willing to let go chauncey billups, ty lawson, anthony carter for me...a 64 overall rookie (producing awesome numbers)
  • i never get to rest, 1st quarter i play PG. at the 3 minute mark, i switch to SG. 2nd quarter, im at PG. 3rd quarter im at PG. then SG. then SF (wtf) a 6'0 SF. along with 2 6' Guards (lawson and billups)
  • there are no true rotations...such as situationals. we need 3's and they would have the "big" line up in there.
  • the only defensive scheme we run is man to man. there is no zone or anything crazy.
other than that, im kinda loving this mode. there are many other flaws, but its still cool

fstarks7 10-23-2009 12:40 PM

Re: There is no real coaching in MY PLAYER mode

Agreed. I would also like to be able to change out tempo (more fastbreaking) and run some full court pressure. My player is a 6'5" shooting guard, and I have to play the point, the shooting guard and sometimes small forward, so fatigue does become a problem.

The thing I really hate is when they do sub me out its at the wrong time. Like last night We were down 9 points in the third quarted with like 3 mins to go. I hit nine straight points to tie the game, and the coach subs me out at the next dead ball! I don't get back in til the 4th qtr with 2 mins left. By then we're down 8 and I had to bring us back again. If I would've just stayed in, we would've won the game (We lost in overtime by 3).

Other than that I LOVE MY PLAYER! I'm addicted to it like some kind of drug. lol

madmax17 10-23-2009 12:46 PM

Switching annoys me as well, I'm a huge center and of course he puts me at PF at times where I get to have some 'fun' guarding Lebron for one, I suppose I'm lucky he doesn't put me at SF :lol:

Didn't see the patch correct any of this, maybe I'm wrong.

backbreaker 10-23-2009 12:50 PM

Yeah I was disappointed with that as well, I was expecting hearing the coach holler out plays, tell the team to slow the rock, double this player. Even on timeouts I was expecting some in your grill or thataboy type of lingo. They need to step this part of the game up. It would have been cool to see the PG hold up his hand signaling to you hey a play was called if you were playing another position. The play art appears and you get to your spots. If you are playing PG and the coach called a play, the name of the play will show on screen, followed by the play art so you get to your spot. Even better as you're bringing the ball up court a forced context animation makes you look at the coach and the play appears on screen and you began the play.

All in all their needs to be more action, but the NBA is a professional league, where teaching is a last resort. You must be self motivated at that level, hence the lack of coaching.

Fistpick 10-23-2009 01:35 PM

Maybe they'll add a coach next season, because this year there is definitely no coaching. I seemed like it was at first, when my player sucked, because whenever I made a formidable mistake I'd be taken out the game next dead ball. Now that I'm better, I'm never taken out, regardless of what I do AND worse, J. Kidd IS NEVER taken out and he's out on the court f'in up majorly MOST of the time. Lol. Yeah absolutely no coaching, no plays, no defensive schemes, and no intelligent rotations (Kidd at the 1, My Player (6'3 pg) at the 2, J. Terry at the 3, J. Howard at the 4, Dirk at the 5 = equals A HORRIBLE lineup for defense against any team of average height) because the games coaching cares more about minute allocation than winning. ALSO an actual coach would just go ahead and start me (at the 2 spot since that's where they seem to want me) as the number 2 scoring and assist guy instead of just putting me in 20 seconds after jump ball and playing me the rest of the game.

MelMan1486 10-23-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax17 (Post 2040363320)
Switching annoys me as well, I'm a huge center and of course he puts me at PF at times where I get to have some 'fun' guarding Lebron for one, I suppose I'm lucky he doesn't put me at SF :lol:

Didn't see the patch correct any of this, maybe I'm wrong.

LOL better being a center than being a 6'0 pg covering Lebron. I'm a 6ft PG and they stuck me at SF to cover Lebron and I was like wtf??? he literally just posted up on me, backed me down and got the easy 2pts. He scored like 20 on me while I was at the SF postition.

If the patch doesn't fix this I'm going to have to put some points into strength and post defense lol.

Stumbleweed 10-23-2009 01:46 PM

Ha yeah I am a 6'11" Nene-like C/PF who occasionally gets put at SF and I've been playing at least 28 of the 32 minutes for the past few games. It's strange how the rotations, minutes, and starting lineups change, but you're right that there doesn't seem to be a lot of logic at work.

I haven't gotten put on LeBron yet, but Gerald Wallace smoked me every time he touched the ball and I was on him... just mercilessly took me to the rack because he knew I didn't have the footspeed to stop the drive if I played up on him at all. I really get an "oh ****" moment whenever I get subbed onto a SF because I know I'm about to get torched, at a least a little bit.

Fistpick 10-23-2009 01:56 PM

Luckily I'm only subbed in at the 1 and the 2 (at 2 90% of the time) because my player is not even equipped to D up someone his size, especially not a player much taller (SF). I have enough trouble with the oversized shooting guards I have to hold - i.e. Kobe, and Kevin Martin. "I'm just a 6'3 point guard with NO D Carlisle!!!" Lol. I'm sure holding Durant is going to be fun :(