Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Human INT rate too high (/forums/showthread.php?t=371045)

jerm21 10-23-2009 07:29 AM

Human INT rate too high

opposing qb throws about 3-5 picks a game against me. is anyone else havign a problem like this? is there a way a slider could remove this?

and anyone else finding times where you'll be rushed and you'll get hit in the middle of throwing and you'll end off dumping it off right to a defensive lineman or a linebacker? its annoying!

but the games great other than this!!

Obelysk 10-23-2009 08:36 AM

Re: Human INT rate too high

Increase the WR catching and QB accuracy for the CPU and reduce the INTs for the CPU as well. That should solve those two issues.

maademperor 10-23-2009 08:51 AM

in my experience, pushing the passing slider to within one notch of all madden and you'll see a lot less of that...of course if the cpu is down late in the game they will make a ton of desperation passes that may get picked AND every so often a slouch qb will play like drew brees and peyton mannings demonic offspring rolling up 300+ yds but they will throw less picks in general.

GoHuskies 10-23-2009 01:39 PM

i think in the patch they are going to change the floater from the almost-sack, which should reduce some of them.

one of the other issues with ints though is the nickel 1-5-5 cover2 sink is too powerful of a defense for many of the teams which throw into that 7-10 yard range constantly. tony romo is a good example of this, he will throw into that zone all day and give up 6 picks, which is stupid. that package also brings two LB's on blitz on each side of the center, along with the single DT over the center, it is a difficult defense for the cpu to beat if it doesn't go over the top of it.

increasing QB accuracy does lower the number of picks in some situations, but certain QB's will throw into that 7-10 yard zone almost regardless of your choice of a defensive scheme designed to take that zone away from them.

katphishjake 10-23-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuskies (Post 2040363515)
i think in the patch they are going to change the floater from the almost-sack, which should reduce some of them.

one of the other issues with ints though is the nickel 1-5-5 cover2 sink is too powerful of a defense for many of the teams which throw into that 7-10 yard range constantly. tony romo is a good example of this, he will throw into that zone all day and give up 6 picks, which is stupid. that package also brings two LB's on blitz on each side of the center, along with the single DT over the center, it is a difficult defense for the cpu to beat if it doesn't go over the top of it.

increasing QB accuracy does lower the number of picks in some situations, but certain QB's will throw into that 7-10 yard zone almost regardless of your choice of a defensive scheme designed to take that zone away from them.

yeah zone coverages and zone blitzes really seem to dominate the CPU... i've got a Bengals franchise at the moment, and i lead the league in total defenese as well as passing D and both my corners are currently the #1 and #2 picks for the AFC Pro Bowl team. :y2:

BloodMeridian 10-23-2009 06:33 PM

Can't say I have this problem. The CPU picks me apart all day.

x BaNGaDoShiSh 11-05-2009 02:12 PM

lol yea i actually have the exact opposite happen to me... i dont get enuff ints during my offline franchise... im lucky if i get 8-10 ints... anyone else have this problem ??

Valdarez 11-05-2009 02:16 PM

Try the NFL Simulation Sliders, I think you'll find them challenging and you'll get more realistic INT ratios.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html

If you decide to give them a try, be sure to post your results!