Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden Coaching Legacy? (/forums/showthread.php?t=371311)

RayAllen20 10-24-2009 09:36 AM

Madden Coaching Legacy?

I'm not sure about you but franchise gets boring for me because I'm playing with the same team over and over again. I finished rebuilding the Rams, winning the Super Bowl in year 4, but I can't change teams. I haven't got past 5 win with the Lions in four years, so you'd think I'd be fired. I just took the Browns to 12-4 in my second year. Thing is, I think I'd be able to get a better job, since I don't like the Browns very much, but I can't

Well I've figured out a way to change that.

First what you do is when you start the franchise is check mark all the teams and control all of them. Then what you do is set all Roster Management to CPU. After your done with that start your franchise, choose your team, and then go to Franchise Settings (I think that's what it is called). Then find your team and set all Roster Management to User. Now you control every single aspect of your team, and the CPU does everything for their team (except trading). Now when you rebuild your team, go to another sorry loser. If you failed rebuilding one team, get fired, and try another. If you in one season too a lowly team and brough them to the playoffs, go ahead and leave for a better job.

Here's when you should get fired IMO:

1. If you are controlling a bottom 8 team: Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, Lions, Rams, Buccaneers, and the Redskins. If after 3 seasons you fail to get above 7 wins, fire yourself.

2. If you are controlling a middle-tier team: Not the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, Cowboys (they consider themselves a top team), and Eagles. If you fail to get above 7 wins after 2 seasons, fire yourselves. If you fail to make the playoffs in 3 years, fire yourself. If you ever get below 3 wins, fire yourself.

3. If you are controlling a top-tier team and you fail to make the playoffs your first year, fire yourself. If you don't make playoffs 2 out of your first 3 years, fire yourself. If you ever get below 6 wins, fire yourself.

4. If you ever go 0-16 fire yourself.

5. If you get fired you are only allowed to go to a bottom feeder in the league. They must have finished last in their division and not have more than 6 wins.
---------------------

The only downside of this is having to trade for other teams but it isn't that difficult. Heck, I'll most likely be the GM of every team and play as just my team to make the rosters realistic. Since now you can rip off teams with trades, you must only do the trade if the other team's interest is high. Even then make sure it is fair.

That is all. Hope this information is useful for you.

elgreazy1 10-24-2009 11:52 AM

Re: Madden Coaching Legacy?

Cool! Thanks man! I'll give this a try.

For the life of me I simply can NOT understand how the dev's left something like this out of the game ESPECIALLY when it was in all of the last-gen versions. No excuses out of those guys.

RayAllen20 10-24-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreazy1 (Post 2040366485)

For the life of me I simply can NOT understand how the dev's left something like this out of the game ESPECIALLY when it was in all of the last-gen versions. No excuses out of those guys.

Haha I don't remember that in the last gen. What Madden needs is a coaching legacy like CH 2k8 with all the options of Head Coach.

NorrinRadd12 10-24-2009 01:02 PM

Cool thread. On the old Maddens I loved creating myself as a coach, qutting the job immediately, sitting out the season and then see the jobs that would become available for me. Sometimes it was none. Sometimes it was as many as 5. Don't know why they got rid of it.

And if you control all 32 teams, do the 31 other teams put players on the trade block? (House rules, those are the only players I trade for). And do you have draft for every team?

edmus 10-24-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 (Post 2040366674)
And if you control all 32 teams, do the 31 other teams put players on the trade block? (House rules, those are the only players I trade for). And do you have draft for every team?

Nope, I simmed a few seasons while controlling all teams with CPU roster control on for all but one and never saw anyone get put on the trading block. You don't have to draft for every team, but the draft will stop on every team's pick & then you can sim the pick.

I was more interested in controlling all teams to change their coaching tendencies (less blitzing). However, while the NFL isn't exactly like MLB, I'm not sure I can enjoy playing a franchise with zero CPU trades.

huskerwr38 10-24-2009 04:02 PM

Good ideas to implement so that you can fire yourself. It's just unbelievable that it's 2010 and this is not in the game. You know, with the current state of Madden and with Nebraska losing today the way they did...I hate football right now.

4solo 10-24-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreazy1 (Post 2040366485)

Thats b/c Madden Franchise mode is from an owners point of view and not a head coach. Thats why in the offseason you can fire head coaches and hire new ones, relocate,stadium upgrades etc. So basically you own the team, not coach it. And since you are the owner of the team you would never fire yourself, but some NFL owners need to consider it. lol

FunkDockta27 12-04-2009 08:29 PM

YESSSSSS found it!

this is good stuff Ray