Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   PAT Blocks? (/forums/showthread.php?t=371313)

Valdarez 10-24-2009 09:51 AM

PAT Blocks?

Just started my first online franchise in Madden. Playing my first game, and threw a 30 yard TD to Williams, only to have the extra point immediately blocked. It was a solid kick, but the Tampa Bay guys just ran on through there like no one was blocking. First TD ever, and a XP block on it. Is this something that will happen a lot?

roadman 10-24-2009 09:53 AM

Re: PAT Blocks?

I can't speak for online franchise, but I'm 6 weeks into a coach mode franchise and I haven't had a XP or FG blocked.

Valdarez 10-24-2009 10:02 AM

I'm only playing on My Skill or All Pro, can't remember which. Wish there was a way to save replays. Pretty sure NCAA has this ability, but I can't seem to find it in Madden.

Just found it odd that it was blocked first TD ever. And the guy came through untouched. The TB front part the Cowboys like the red sea.

rws591 10-24-2009 10:19 AM

It will happen once in and a while, but if you push the stick up to gain more height then you shouldn't have any problems.

Valdarez 10-24-2009 10:31 AM

I didn't even get the kick off. Like I said, he came through untouched.

Up 15 to 10 now, kind of a strange score. TB has gone for 3 4th down conversions now. They are 1/3. Seeing lots of pluses and minuses for the game, but definitely better than previous years, by a landslide.

Up 15 to 10, after stopping TB on yet another 4th down attempt. Madden tells me I can put them away with this drive because they need two scores to win. lol How does 5 point = two scores? :)

Falconeer99 10-24-2009 11:00 AM

Coincidentally, I had a PAT blocked last night for the first time. A guy came right up the gut.

Valdarez 10-24-2009 11:11 AM

I figured out how to view/save the highlights. After looking at it, I have to take it back, he did kick it, but the guys was standing right in front of him. No matter how high I kicked it it wouldn't have been good. Interestingly enough, the guy came through, and then didn't seem to know what to do once he got there. He just kind of stood there. I think he was as confused as I was!

canes21 10-24-2009 11:43 AM

It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does I am happy for two seconds and then just get mad. How can EA let the blocked FGs get by? I know you had to notice the fact that when it is blocked the guy catches it instead of swatting it down and then it also counts as a missed in the stats and not a block.

That may seem like a minor thing to you, but in reality it can be big. Usually when you block a kick in Madden 10, the play catches it somehow and then gets maybe two yards before the kicker or holder finally bring him down. What should happen is the ball should go flying and this would open a huge opportunity for EA to use their Fight for the "Fumble" and it would add more energy to a blocked kick.

As it stands now, I hope to not block FG's and not get blocked because how stupid it looks to see a guy jump up, put one hand up and catch a kick one-handed. Like I said, it may be minor to you, but I feel blocks are huge parts of football and having the guys catch it really takes away from the whole experience. At least EA could get the stat right.

What I would like to know is if anybody has blocked a punt yet? Did the guy catch the punt magically too? Also, I wish EA would make special teams like 2k (I know I know...) because in 2k5 and 2k8 there was always the possibility to block a punt or FG. I still play 2k5 and just blocked a FG the other day for the first time in my franchise. It ended up being huge as it made the score stay 30-28 and I was able to drive down the field and kick the game winning FG to beat the Lions(I know, its the Lions). And when it comes to punts in 2k5 and 2k8, the snaps will sometimes go over the punters head, but thats 2k8 only. But in 2k5 I keep getting within two yards of the punter with my fast CB, but when there is a bad snap on the punts(too low usually) I know I will be able to block it.