Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden drafted me this team.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=371443)

GD31892 10-24-2009 06:49 PM

Madden drafted me this team..

In my first online franchise. Looks weak on both O-Line and D-Line, but I have no problem with Michael Turner being on my team (time to truck people). I don't know much about defense though, so could you give me suggestions on what kind of formations to use? Also, any trades I should try to make?

(Warning, big pictures ahead)

roots3003 10-24-2009 07:25 PM

Re: Madden drafted me this team..

Not trying to sound like a d-bag, but if you don't know much about defense, I would suggest watching more NFL games. That's the best way to see how football should be played. Watch the team you like, see what kind of defense they run.
I surely wouldn't want you getting all your football knowledge from Madden...and I will leave it at that.

cletusdog 10-24-2009 07:29 PM

flip Oher to left tackle and you've got a real good young offensive line.

DustinT 10-24-2009 08:15 PM

You're stacked with young talent and A potential. Good draft imo

jayzon 10-27-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eckoefx (Post 2040368176)
You're stacked with young talent and A potential. Good draft imo

Meh. Personally, I'd want a much better OL...but I do agree that this team is stacked for the future. It'll be worth it in a few seasons.

OP, I'd pick the "Multi D" playbook - it gives you the option of moving among 4-3, 3-4, and 4-6. You don't have a DT or MLB good enough to guarantee that one set will work better than another, so switch them up.

Potentially crazy idea: sub LaBoy in at OLB in your 3-4 sets, and play Maualuga at MLB. You have a damn good secondary, so as long as you get pressure you should be pretty good against the pass. I'd rather have LaBoy pass-rushing out of position than Tim Dobbins doing anything but hold the water bottles.