Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Need a Moment Sign Keeps Popping Up. What is it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=371556)

Valdarez 10-25-2009 07:53 AM

Need a Moment Sign Keeps Popping Up. What is it?

Saw there was a roster update, so downloaded it, and started a new Franchise. In my game, they keep popping up a little banner over the gameplay at the bottom right that says 'Need a Moment? Chew It Over With". What the heck is it, and why is it popping up? Whatever it is, it's distracting, and it's very unclear as to the point/purpose of the popup.

RayAllen20 10-25-2009 09:48 AM

Re: Need a Moment Sign Keeps Popping Up. What is it?

Snickers advertisement. Very annoying but EA is getting money from it. If they can turn that money into a great Madeen 11, then I'm not complaining

luxetsalus 10-25-2009 10:01 AM

I'm pretty sure thats a Twix ad. As in: "Need a moment? Chew it over with twix."

Valdarez 10-25-2009 10:12 AM

Wow. Just wow. When you think you've seen everything...

Your kidding me. Overlays in games. What the !@#$? No other company would do that to their game. None. This is how a monopoly behaves, not a company competing with rivals. Do you think these would be there if there were other games competing in the same space? Heck no.

I have several years experience working with SEM/SEO and while there is definite money to be made in it (tons actually), you have to pick the right avenue for it. There's no way for a user to provide feedback on that advertisement (which is were most $$$ is made, per click, not per view). The only thing they are going to do with in game overlay advertisements is anger their users which will result in a backlash against EA and the products they are advertising. I'm writing an email to Twix next, lets see what they have to say about it.

Only advertisements that should appear in a game are the ones that help make it realistic.

I'm enjoying Madden, but I actually reset my XBox 360 earlier I was so tired of seeing that popup. It was showing up on every single play. Ridiculous.

Edit: What's really sad. I never would have known that ad was for twix! lol

AboveTheRim 10-25-2009 10:27 AM

Im tired of seeing all these stupid little snickers, kfc etc ads. If EA wants to win back the hearts of gamers puting up ADs that appear before every play wont help the cause

Valdarez 10-25-2009 10:39 AM

Is there any way to turn them off? I'm seriously not going to keep playing this game if I have to see an ad while I play. Played one game without them, and they voila, they are back again on every play.

Exonerated 10-25-2009 10:44 AM

Lucky me I've never seen an ad. Because I've got a PAL Madden. GG NOOBS.

Its intrusive advertising. Live with it.

Valdarez 10-25-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exonerated (Post 2040369950)
Lucky me I've never seen an ad. Because I've got a PAL Madden. GG NOOBS.

Its intrusive advertising. Live with it.

Very intrusive indeed. I'll turn the game off before I live with it.

Is there a work around to avoid these ads that anyone can share? I know they didn't show up on my first two games, then they showed up on the next one (all game long), then not in one, then all game long (well until I turned off the console). Is there a trick to avoiding them? Or just luck of the draw (errr game)?