Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Potential System Fix? (/forums/showthread.php?t=371656)

MiWolves 10-25-2009 05:54 PM

Potential System Fix?

Ok I admit that the potential system in this is ok in my last rant I realize that having a no potential system would make the user team overpowered. So the solution I have is to make the potential system based on coaching. Instead of having 4 coaches we could make having a WR LB and etc coach and base on how good they are. the player could progress or degress. Like for example Alex Smith had 4 coaches in 4 years. Could that account to why he doesnt have any confidence and Vernon Gholston sucking at LB maybe he was a DE and never was fitted to be a LB

huskerwr38 10-25-2009 07:45 PM

Re: Potential System Fix?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiWolves (Post 2040371675)
Ok I admit that the potential system in this is ok in my last rant I realize that having a no potential system would make the user team overpowered. So the solution I have is to make the potential system based on coaching. Instead of having 4 coaches we could make having a WR LB and etc coach and base on how good they are. the player could progress or degress. Like for example Alex Smith had 4 coaches in 4 years. Could that account to why he doesnt have any confidence and Vernon Gholston sucking at LB maybe he was a DE and never was fitted to be a LB

That is a good idea. However, I think that players should have potentials, but coaches provide a multiplier. For example, if I have a QB who has only a C potential and I combine him with a great QB coach then his potential bumps up to a B or something like that. And vice versa, if I have a A potential QB, who has a bad QB coach then he doesn't really reach that potential.

Boregard 10-25-2009 11:14 PM

Re: Potential System Fix?

I don't mind the current potential system - just hide the potential rating so we can't see it and problem solved!!!

I mean that would be the best way from a realism standpoint anyway!

I do really like the idea of coaches having a greater impact on your team and player progression, so long as the coaches then have some indicator about how they are rated for the positions.

Currently you know that Coach A has bonuses or negatives, but no indication about how good or poor he is with positions outside of those "bonuses"!

While I like the idea of more coaches too, they really have to have coaches be more fluid in their ratings - progression or something so that a good coach could become great and then leave for the money to a division rival and give me a reason to hate him!!!!