Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are we taking Madden too serious? (/forums/showthread.php?t=372086)

thereisonly1#1 10-27-2009 11:19 AM

Are we taking Madden too serious?

I've notice here lately things around have changed. It seems everyone around here are on edge for every little thing. I first came to this board because i thought is was an unbiased alternative to ea forums. Though lately I don't really know. I've been looking at both sides and watching from the sidelines. What I notice is some people blindly bashing Ian cummings, and ea sports. Then some people blindly defending them. This in turn ruins threads before any useful convo can be discussed.

Sometimes it seems accountablity is seriously lacking around here at times. It sometimes upsets me when someone post a link to an interview of someone from ea is being dishonest. Just to have that thread instantly closed. I'm not for personal attacks on people, but if someone has proof of a dev, mod, or poster contradicting or lying I want to know. It seems sometimes mods are more concerned with making "os" the biggest spirts game site, instead of the best. This is not an attack from me rather my observation. I thinks it's cool that Devs comes here, but they has to honest with us, and we have to hold them accountable. I've seen plenty of legitamite question blatantly go ignored while unimportant one get answered. If devs are really here for the right reason, we should have 20 questions to vote on. The top 5 or 10 should honestly be answered by the devs.

Lastly if you come here strictly to bash people. Please go somewhere else, all I care about is madden getting better not negative people who just want to start stuff. We can disagree without being disagreeble. So let's take the time to have an open discussing about madden and the direction with want it to head. If this forum is open and unbiased we can do that. If not I will be banned, and this thread will be close faster than a new York minute.

My 2 1/2 cents

chuckm1961 10-27-2009 11:39 AM

Re: Are we taking Madden too serious?

Everyone takes everything too seriously.

So I agree!

Lighten up, world. We live, we die.

SethMurphy 10-27-2009 01:13 PM

amen brother, video game forums make me nuts because i am a casual gamer, and just come to them for a little insight and opinion. instead all i see are people bitching and moaning because a video game doesn't produce 100 percent accurate stats to real life. if you want real life, watch football on sunday, madden is a game and supposed to just be fun to each person. everyone complains about all of these problems they have, i have the game and haven't had a single issue, freeze or error once. it just seems like people only complain because they aren't spending their own hard-earned money on games and systems. if you have to work to afford a luxury like a ps3 or xbox, you are happy to just play and relax.

Dmacho 10-27-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckm1961 (Post 2040378944)
Everyone takes everything too seriously.

So I agree!

Lighten up, world. We live, we die.

The hek with that ! I want a good football game to play.

Hova57 10-27-2009 01:16 PM

yes its a game, no one is forced to buy it, everyone feels like something is owed to them cause they bought. yet if madden went a way and nothing to supplement it. it would be called the dumbest thing ea ever did. no win situation

Dmacho 10-27-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethMurphy (Post 2040379261)
amen brother, video game forums make me nuts because i am a casual gamer, and just come to them for a little insight and opinion. instead all i see are people bitching and moaning because a video game doesn't produce 100 percent accurate stats to real life. if you want real life, watch football on sunday, madden is a game and supposed to just be fun to each person. everyone complains about all of these problems they have, i have the game and haven't had a single issue, freeze or error once. it just seems like people only complain because they aren't spending their own hard-earned money on games and systems. if you have to work to afford a luxury like a ps3 or xbox, you are happy to just play and relax.

So the fact that you spent you hard earned money on something that is flawed doesn't bother you ? You'd think it be the other way around.

The money isn't the issue for me ; it's the fact that love football video games, but a hate madden 10, and currently there is no alternative. If 2k10 or another football sim was on the market, you wouldn't hear peep out of me, because it would just purchase another product.

People who are upset are on here complaining, because there's no alternative.

huskerwr38 10-27-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmacho (Post 2040379293)
The money isn't the issue for me ; it's the fact that love football video games, but a hate madden 10, and currently there is no alternative. If 2k10 or another football sim was on the market, you wouldn't hear peep out of me, because it would just purchase another product.

People who are upset are on here complaining, because there's no alternative

Yep, I believe this to be the case. EA took away our alternatives for a good football game. If there was another football game on the market like 2k10 or something, I bet you there would not be hardly any complaining.

People just have to realize that football is the most popular sport in America and video games are hugely popular and we have ONE game to show for it that sucks BECAUSE of it's lack of competition. We know what EA is capable of because of the other sports games that are available and how awesome they are. Madden is just soooo far behind and riddled with sooooo many problems.

cpdfrank 10-27-2009 01:38 PM

I dont believe we gamers are taking Madden too serious. I believe a lot of us are fed up with having to deal with the same issues, year after year. For all the Madden gamers that are ok with continuous year after year problems with this game, thats your choice. I just wish I could market a product, or service that was half ***, and find people that are willing to shell their bucks for that product or service. Heck, the " i'll settle for anything" people on this forum alone would make me wealthy.