Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   1 star dynasty - offline - question (/forums/showthread.php?t=372096)

mikemar05 10-27-2009 11:55 AM

1 star dynasty - offline - question

So I'm doing a 1 star offline dynasty as Kent State

Just did 1 season, went like 8-2 won my bowl and all that.

I got offered a job as a coach for other schools, but I want to stay with Kent State

I realize that it will never get all A's or anything, but my question is

If I keep winning and kicking butt, with I go to a 2 star school and keep upgrading, and eventually be able to get 5 star recruits?

Is it possible to truly build up a 1 star school to the top, or is it best to just take a new coaching job at a 3 star school and keep jumping up that way (which obviously will be faster, but rather not)

Thanks for any info

Bucknut17 10-27-2009 12:03 PM

Re: 1 star dynasty - offline - question

yes you can build your 1 star into a national powerhouse and bring in top tier recruits, some pitches don't change so recruiting some places is still going to be kinda tough. but its definatly possible to turn kent st into a 6 star program

mikemar05 10-27-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucknut17 (Post 2040379012)
yes you can build your 1 star into a national powerhouse and bring in top tier recruits, some pitches don't change so recruiting some places is still going to be kinda tough. but its definatly possible to turn kent st into a 6 star program

That is awesome, thanks so much!!!

I figured I wouldn't be able to improve the academics, but obviously I could improve fan base and coaching and pro potential :)

Doesn't happen to be a list of what you can and can't improve does there?

Fetter21 10-28-2009 12:54 PM

It can be done, I'm hopefully closing in on my first 5 star recruit as former 1 star SDSU. Half way through the season I'm his #1 choice, but he's yet to visit #2 choice USC, so we'll see what happens.

Bucknut17 10-28-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemar05 (Post 2040379223)
That is awesome, thanks so much!!!

I figured I wouldn't be able to improve the academics, but obviously I could improve fan base and coaching and pro potential :)

Doesn't happen to be a list of what you can and can't improve does there?

i know it was discussed on here a while back but I'm having no luck finding the thread..... sorry.

A Mac 10-28-2009 09:58 PM

Yes it can be done, I took Akron from the MAC and KSU's rival, to a 6* powerhouse that has won two national titles since Ive left. (Im finishing up my second season as the head coach at UNLV, which was a 1* program when I took it over.)

That Akron team is still LOADED with talent. I had the number one recruiting class every year starting wtih my third year and I think I was there for 6 seasons.

football5680 10-31-2009 11:30 PM

actually your stuff will begin to go up because it has stuff like coach prestige, championship contender and stuff like that and yes they will eventually get 5 star recruits when you get to a 5 star school or 6 star school.

JAYMO76 11-01-2009 12:50 AM

:caflag:Last year (09) I took UTEP (a 2 star) all the way to a six star but it took about six seasons. Having Texas recuits in your backyard really helps to bolster your programme.