Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do You Have To Try To Lose? (/forums/showthread.php?t=372099)

marktg30 10-27-2009 12:25 PM

Do You Have To Try To Lose?

I have found myself not going into Onside Kick Recovery formations when the CPU is going to be attempting one.

Not to mention blitzing my CBs in order to give CPU a chance to actually throw the ball like they should.

I do all of this to keep my games close and interesting.

I'm not saying that it is good, but I was wondering if anyone else has to try half heartedly in order to have a good game against the CPU without jacking up the CPU Cheating Scale (Sliders).

countryboy 10-27-2009 12:31 PM

Re: Do You Have To Try To Lose?

Nope...I have no problems losing. :(

kpkpkp 10-27-2009 12:37 PM

Sometimes in my Patriots 'chise I would say to myself, "man I'm really having a blowout against another team here, is this really realistic?"

Than the last two weeks happened in real life...

Dianwei32 10-27-2009 12:40 PM

Things are a little easy in my games, but I'm also one of the best teams in the NFL (fantasy drafted, my team is 91 OVR in my second year), so it's kind of to be expected. Even so, I'll still have tough games against other good teams. I just played a game against the Bills and Drew Brees was shreding my D. Darelle Revis was holding TO in check for most of the game (held Fitz to 1 catch for 11 yards last game), but was out for the second half with an abdominal strain and TO caught 5 passes for 75 yards and a TD in the second half.

I'm using RnR's sliders and they're really good, but my team has a ton of talent and games are typically not terribly close, but if I let up at all the CPU can be right back in the game in only a few plays.

KBLover 10-27-2009 12:59 PM

I play to win the game. Never to lose the game.

If it's easy, I'll tweak sliders before I play to lose. Playing to lose is no more "sim" than intentionally cheesing/exploiting the AI.

da ThRONe 10-27-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBLover (Post 2040379196)
I play to win the game. Never to lose the game.

If it's easy, I'll tweak sliders before I play to lose. Playing to lose is no more "sim" than intentionally cheesing/exploiting the AI.

Yeah this would be my advise! Step the game up.

St3fN_sTrApS 10-27-2009 03:47 PM

Man I wish I was that good to where I had to try and lose games.

I usually always have my hands full against the computer. And I play with default sliders on All-Madden with hardcore game style.

MisterDuke402 10-27-2009 04:03 PM

For the people that have never tried to lose, what setting or sliders do you use? I've been looking for a difficult/realistic slider set and every game it seems(in offline franchise) I have to try and lose. I dont like playing that way, but I also dont like going 14-2 with the Browns.