Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Unofficial Madden "Anything" Dicussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=372226)

DX UnLeaSheD 10-27-2009 08:52 PM

The Unofficial Madden "Anything" Dicussion Thread

I made this thread to discuss anything about the game, franchises, superstars, online franchises, online experiences, anything at all. I made this because I have the most fun on these forums and with the game when I get to share my thoughts and experiences with the game. I hope you guys try this out!

iRepDaNap 10-27-2009 09:23 PM

Re: The Unofficial Madden "Anything" Dicussion Thread

anybody know if we are ever going to get any more recent updates for online franchise??

they have done some things to the rosters since updating them for online franchise that would help out a lot of people... (not just talking about roster updating but fixing things like offensive pursuit)

dfos81 10-27-2009 09:28 PM

Well anything Madden related can be discussed?

How about EA/Tiburon bring these guys in for a round table discussion.

They go on to mention that they would like to co-exist w/ EA/Madden.

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-b...r-137186.phtml

Euphoria takes over.” In other words, no collisions are canned; they’re all procedurally generated by Euphoria. So at any given moment, Euphoria is doing physics calculations for up to 22 players’ muscles, nerves, and bones.
In all other games, collisions are determined by so-called rolls of the dice -- when players come together, the game takes their ratings into account and figures out what will happen. But in Backbreaker, collisions are “real” -- the players’ arms and bodies, as well as the ball, are all objects with real physical properties, and the game calculates an outcome of a collision based on factors like the speed and angle at which the players crashed into each other, as well as their bodies (height, weight, etc.). There’s no such thing as a “fumble animation” in this game; if, for example, the ball carrier is switching his ball hand as he gets hit, the chances of a fumble will be much higher than normal.
As you can imagine, Euphoria also produces incredibly varied tackles, and as NaturalMotion likes to say, no two plays will look exactly the same. Players literally have “intelligence,” too. Just like someone whose car you’re stealing in GTA IV will hang onto the door for dear life, defenders are “actual physical beings trying to tackle” you. The animation blending -- the transitions from motion-captured animations to Euphoria-created collisions -- is being tweaked to be as smooth as possible, as a few hitches occur from time to time. But what I saw of Backbreaker was a pre-alpha build; there’s no firm release date yet. As Donald told me, the game will be out “when it’s done” -- since this is NaturalMotion’s debut game featuring their flagship technology, they want to make the best first impression they can.

dfos81 10-27-2009 10:35 PM

bumpty bump.

kjcheezhead 10-28-2009 12:26 AM

I think this technology could things for a football game that haven't been possible with canned animations. What I've seen of it(all of 2 videos), the defenders are always leaping toward the ball carrier like a missle though. If they worked on more wrap up style tackles it could be awesome. Doubt madden would use it tho. Too much time and money invested in this pro-tak and the license to change to it at this point. Sucks when you see cool possibilities and know they will never be used on the NFL.

dfos81 10-28-2009 09:03 AM

They could if they see all Madden fans buying Backbreaker. I'm all for improving Madden, even it means bringing in a new engine(euphoria).
You never know.

dfos81 10-28-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2040382259)
I think this technology could things for a football game that haven't been possible with canned animations. What I've seen of it(all of 2 videos), the defenders are always leaping toward the ball carrier like a missle though. If they worked on more wrap up style tackles it could be awesome. Doubt madden would use it tho. Too much time and money invested in this pro-tak and the license to change to it at this point. Sucks when you see cool possibilities and know they will never be used on the NFL.

Maybe thats why NaturalMotion(Makers of Backbreaker) mentioned co-existing w/ EA. They know they really have no chance to compete w/ EA w/ them having the NFL license. So If you can't beat'em join'em!

The old cliche, 2 heads are better than 1. I say bring Pro-tak and Euphoria together.
I know its easier said then done, but this Euphoria engine looks more "Next-Gen" than what we have today w/ Madden.

kjcheezhead 10-28-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfos81 (Post 2040383046)
Maybe thats why NaturalMotion(Makers of Backbreaker) mentioned co-existing w/ EA. They know they really have no chance to compete w/ EA w/ them having the NFL license. So If you can't beat'em join'em!

The old cliche, 2 heads are better than 1. I say bring Pro-tak and Euphoria together.
I know its easier said then done, but this Euphoria engine looks more "Next-Gen" than what we have today w/ Madden.

I've heard this was the reason there has been so little info on the backbreaker game. NaturalMotion would like to just pass the technology off to EA and not have to make an entire game that competes with the NFL.

Ian Cummings actually talked about it in a thread a few months back. My impression was he and many of the members of this site thought it was too arcade for what they were trying to do with madden. (Defenders as flying missles) Sorry, can't find the link, it was most likely closed for bashing madden lol.