Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NCAA Draft class question (/forums/showthread.php?t=372668)

Dianwei32 10-29-2009 07:31 PM

NCAA Draft class question

I was thinking of going out and renting NCAA 10 so that I could get the draft classes. The Madden generated ones are great and all, but I really want to be able to play with the guys coming out in the next draft. However, I've read some posts and apparently some guys who are really good in NCAA and are projected to do well in the NFL come out as 60 OVRs with D potential.

Could you guys help me compile a list of people like that? Guys that are good in college but turn out terrible in Madden. I was planning to boost their stats a bit before I sim the season to see if it helps. I can't think of very many on my own because I don't pay too much attention to NCAA football. Here are the one's I've got:

QB Colt McCoy (debatable, heard he usually comes out 55-65 OVR, haven't heard his potential rating)
S Eric Berry

See why I need help? I'm not counting Tim Tebow because 1. I don't like him and 2. I don't think he'll do well in the pros. Thanks in advance for any help. Also, if you could list the school that the guy plays for that would be extremely helpful, I don't know who Eric Berry plays for....

Dianwei32 10-29-2009 10:08 PM

Re: NCAA Draft class question

Come on, no one? No one knows of any good college players that come out as terrible in the draft in Madden?

KamikazeBlaize 10-29-2009 10:23 PM

The problem lies within their measurables (although other things factor in as well, such as injuries, stats, and team performance).

McCoy is undersized, Spiller is undersized, Berry is undersized. The game doesn't care how good they are, they get randomized when imported and often you'll see Berry for example as a 68 with B potential. I've noticed the potential tends to be high for these guys still, but their initial ratings are lower...

I've also had it happen where Berry still comes out as an 80 at that size, but the best thing to do is simply edit him within NCAA to be an inch taller and 10-15 pounds heavier. Then, you're guaranteed he's a top 10 pick.

But yeah pay close attention during the season. If a guy like Bradford gets hurt for 8 games or so, he won't be the top QB in the draft class solely because of his stats. Y'know, I really wish they'd stop being so stubborn and let us edit ratings inside of franchise mode.

That way, you'd have less people complaining about how such and such was ignored in the last roster update, progression issues are a non-factor if you're dedicated, and it really puts a stop to the problem we have now where people literally wait months into the season to start their franchise because they want the players that breakout or underperform to be portrayed accurately.

bigdfan76 10-29-2009 10:42 PM

Overall I have really been liking the NCAA 10 draft classes. I was dissapointed to see Colt McCoy come out low. He has some good ratings but the was like a 55 ovr and D potential. I played with Baylor and Robert Griffin III came out with very low potential and rated low. But it makes it more like a real draft in my opinion. I don't know for sure who's gonna be good. I've managed to make some great picks. I have used my draft classes for 5 seasons and now I'm gonna switch to the Madden draft classes for a change. I've heard good things about the random draft classes. But I have really enjoyed the NCAA draft classes this year. The only thing besides the guys I like coming out low is some guys come out too high, not too many of em but still.

Herky 10-29-2009 10:49 PM

I wonder if maxing out McCoy in areas would improve his draft status? I've only simmed a few classes and haven't tinkered yet with Dkrause's file.

I know last year was a nightmare trying to get guys right but they were all overrated when imported into Madden.

KamikazeBlaize 10-30-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever (Post 2040389745)
I wonder if maxing out McCoy in areas would improve his draft status? I've only simmed a few classes and haven't tinkered yet with Dkrause's file.

I know last year was a nightmare trying to get guys right but they were all overrated when imported into Madden.

You can max out anyone, but if they are "too small" by the game standards their draft transition won't be pretty. Griffin for example, even at all 99's and never missing a game he'd come out as a late round or undrafted projection, until I made him 220...so he's generally the top QB now in his class.

Dianwei32 10-30-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize (Post 2040389634)
The problem lies within their measurables (although other things factor in as well, such as injuries, stats, and team performance).

McCoy is undersized, Spiller is undersized, Berry is undersized. The game doesn't care how good they are, they get randomized when imported and often you'll see Berry for example as a 68 with B potential. I've noticed the potential tends to be high for these guys still, but their initial ratings are lower...

This is exactly what I'm talking about, I just don't know who is good, but not "big enough" for thier position.

If it's not too much to ask, could you list anyone you can think of who is undersized but still performs well. Like Jahvid Best, is he undersized or is he fine? Heck, I don't even know if Best is a senior...

KamikazeBlaize 10-30-2009 02:18 AM

Best is too small, basically you want RB's to be at least 200 but 210 is the safer bet. He also never seems to come out for me (he's a junior), likely because Cal doesn't get to a BCS bowl whenever I sim. If your team wins one of those, you tend to have a lot more juniors leaving early in the offseason.