Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How Strategy/Simulation Enthusiasts Can Better Enjoy Madden 10 Offline Franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=373065)

Valdarez 10-31-2009 01:38 PM

How Strategy/Simulation Enthusiasts Can Better Enjoy Madden 10 Offline Franchise

After playing Madden 10 for awhile, and finding problems with default settings I turned to the sliders section. I tried several of the sliders, and using several of them as guides I worked to put together a set of sliders that help hard core gamers who enjoy manual game play on both offense and defense enjoy the most realistic game of Madden possible.

The sliders are posted here: NFL Simulation Sliders 1.0 (tuned for Slow Gameplay)

In addition to an explanation of the sliders, I provide a few rules to follow to help provide for a more realistic experience such as removing money plays, guidelines for help ensuring your stats are more realistic, and explanations of what cannot truly be addressed due to bugs/problems with the game.

If you are a gamer looking for a challenge and a realistic football experience, especially in offline Franchise, then try out the rules, guidelines, and sliders I provide and I think you'll find a much more enjoyable experience than the default settings in Madden 10.

Raz 10-31-2009 02:25 PM

Re: How Strategy/Simulation Enthusiasts Can Better Enjoy Madden 10 Offline Franchise

Your slider settings are almost exactly same as mine minus i have QB acc 23 and cpu reaction time is 99.
If i lead the receivers with that low QB acc then the pass will go in to the crowd so i have to throw without using analog stick.
Nice slider settings Valdarez

Valdarez 10-31-2009 02:35 PM

Re: How Strategy/Simulation Enthusiasts Can Better Enjoy Madden 10 Offline Franchise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz (Post 2040394601)
Your slider settings are almost exactly same as mine minus i have QB acc 23 and cpu reaction time is 99.
If i lead the receivers with that low QB acc then the pass will go in to the crowd so i have to throw without using analog stick.
Nice slider settings Valdarez

Thanks Raz. That CPU reaction time is a double edged sword. One on hand you need it high because if you set it lower, then all of the slant routes are going to kill you as the CPU QB will now throw more quickly when under pressure (and he WILL be under pressure now) resulting in the CPU getting a lot of quick/fast big plays. Conversely, if you set it too high, then the CPU is going to react much faster to the ball when it's in the air, causing the 'eyes in the back of the head' syndrome that everyone loves so much. The trick is to try to find the balance between the two.

Valdarez 11-01-2009 11:03 AM

Another way that I have found to help make up for the AI issues in Madden is to follow a simple set of rules, or to take the 'Madden Challenge'. The rules are below, and help make any offline franchise more challenging.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html

Manual / Simulation Gameplay Rules

1. Let the CPU return Kicks/Punts
2. Punt / FG in all realistic situations (never go for it just because you 'can'. I punted from 32 earlier today as Folk can't make a 50 in this game for some reason)
3. Found Money Plays? Good! DO NOT USE THEM!!! They are money because the AI can't cover them properly. Forget the plays and never use them again. That's the only way the game will be challenging. The only way.
4. Do Not Play Lineman on defense (you can do to many funky things with them). Instead play LBs, Safeties, or CBs on defense
5. Manually switch on all pass plays and attempt to make the catch. Don't let the AI play for you.
6. Manually switch on all pass defense plays and attempt to knock the ball down and/or make the interception, again, don't let the AI play for you.
7. Do Not Throw Fade Routes (deep straight passes) unless in Hail Mary type of situations.

The Madden Challenge

For a game that is based off his name, Madden sure does a good job of making John Madden look like one of the worst play callers ever to play the game. If you want a real challenge, then use 'Ask Madden' on every play, every down, no matter what the situation. John is sure to give you some pretty poor play choices in some very key situations. If you want to make it even harder, then don't make any adjustments on offense or defense. No press / off coverage, DLine / LB adjustments, hot routes, motioning to catch defense off balance, or keeping the HB to the flats back for an extra blocker in long yardage situations.

'Ask Madden' is the real 'All Madden' difficulty settings. Try it out. You'll have an extremely realistic / challenging game, though it won't be the most strategic for the strategy enthusiasts.

Glorious Arc 11-01-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdarez (Post 2040397629)
5. Manually switch on all pass plays and attempt to make the catch. Don't let the AI play for you.

I like most of these rules but this one bugs me the most. The amount of control that I lose when I control the WR to catch a ball is what prevents me from doing it. When I try and user catch along the side line, players like Moss lose the ability to keep their feet in bounds. I have seen Moss(CPU controlled) manage to keep his feet in bounds in some of the most outstanding catches but I can never get the same reaction/ability when I user control.

Also, user control on defensive pass plays(when you are good) is more of a boost then a negative. I will admit that the couple of "blown plays" that happen will allow the CPU to try and keep up with your offense but more times then not I will pick the ball off and end up with 3+ picks a game.

I find that being forced to play one position on the field(LB or safety) is enough of an influence to allow the CPU to produce and not give a boost to the player. This means the human will not be able to make plays(ala big hit everyone/user pick everything) every single down.

Just my 2 cents on an otherwise solid list