Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Players disappearing late in games (/forums/showthread.php?t=373134)

chickenhed 10-31-2009 07:23 PM

Players disappearing late in games

I'm at a loss here and I really hope I'm just missing something obvious. Late in games (usually midway through 4th), my feature back just disappears. He's still starting on my depth chart, but when the play is called, my backup HB is on the field.

When I try to go to sub my HB for a particular play, my starting HB isnt even listed. He's just NOT there. I am very frustrated by this as I have now lost a few games in a row after leading in the 4th but have been unable to pound the ball and run the clock.

This also happens with my best DT as well. He's gone in the exact same mannor.

countryboy 10-31-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Players disappearing late in games

What do you have your auto sub in/out settings at?

chickenhed 10-31-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2040395704)
What do you have your auto sub in/out settings at?

Even if it was the auto sub settings, how is it that my starting HB never comes back in only in the 4th? Other parts of the game, my starting HB will sub out, then come back in.

My settings are for the HB to sub out at 70% and come back in at 90%.

PlatooN 10-31-2009 07:39 PM

This happens to me too but i think it's when I have a big lead. I've never noticed my #1 back missing when i'm losing.

filtertmp 10-31-2009 08:13 PM

Try lowering the sub in slider from 90. Over the course of the game your lead back will fatigue to the point where he won't be able to get back to 90 fatigue, as I understand it. Set it to 79out/80in or whatever, and chances are he won't disappear as he has been doing.

LionsFanNJ 10-31-2009 08:26 PM

Yeah problem is your auto sub is too high. your number 1 HB will never get back to 90% with the progressive fatigue.

countryboy 10-31-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenhed (Post 2040395708)
Even if it was the auto sub settings, how is it that my starting HB never comes back in only in the 4th? Other parts of the game, my starting HB will sub out, then come back in.

My settings are for the HB to sub out at 70% and come back in at 90%.

because the difference between your sub out and in is too great. Players do not regain all their energy this year. So if your sub in setting is too high, players will not reach that energy rating, therefore not return to the game.

Try settings of 75 out and 80 in and see if you still get the same issues.

chickenhed 10-31-2009 09:13 PM

Wow guys I had NO idea that was the case. That is a GREAT change! I love it! I will test to make sure but what you all are saying makes perfect sense.

Thanks!