Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Randy Lerner Pissed, Says Change Coming (/forums/showthread.php?t=373358)

OSUFan_88 11-01-2009 07:18 PM

Randy Lerner Pissed, Says Change Coming

http://blogs.cantonrep.com/freshbrow...ime-staredown/

Quote:

Nov 1st, 2009 @ 6:48 pm by Steve Doerschuk

We began our blogging day by asking how many of you thought it would be any fight at all by the third quarter.
When it wasn’t …
I was in the press box and didn’t see it from this perch, but people who were downstairs tell us Randy Lerner was hanging around the tunnel as the first half ended.
As the team moved toward the locker, Lerner looked into every face, the way an angry man would when his question is, what the hell was that?
We’re told the owner was animated and angry, and our conclusioon from talking to him afterward is that something will be done to shake things up.
Lerner hung around until the second half was about to begin, we’re told, looking into each face once again as the players and coaches moved back to the field.
Did we mention players and coaches?
Afterward, Lerner said, “I don’t fault anyone for criticizing us.”
So have at it.

Ewing 11-01-2009 07:19 PM

Re: Randy Lerner Pissed, Says Change Coming

Maybe he should've kept Savage around and not let the new regime trade away the only remotely decent targets on the team.

BlueNGold 11-01-2009 07:20 PM

Don't really know what this means considering its halfway through the season so I don't know how the Browns could really shake things up right now.

J0nnD0ugh 11-01-2009 07:21 PM

I remember Dan Snyder jumping into Norv Turner's grill after losing to the Cowboys.

Loooottttaaa good it did.

OSUFan_88 11-01-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewing (Post 2040399750)
Maybe he should've kept Savage around and not let the new regime trade away the only remotely decent targets on the team.

Phil Savage was awful.

This new regime is awful.

I'd give my left arm for an average front office.

Marino 11-01-2009 07:39 PM

Contract extensions all around!! Eric Wedge for Browns coach!

55 11-01-2009 09:24 PM

The Browns need to throw some money at either Brodie Croyle or Jason Campbell (both are UFAs) in the offseason. They also need to get a possession receiver like Kevin Walter (who is also a UFA) and maybe a new right tackle. They should also either switch to a 4-3 defense or at least sign and/or draft a linebacker or two with the physical capabilities to play the 3-4. A playmaker at safety also couldn't hurt. If they did all of those things I could see them winning 7 games or so next year which would be a huge step in the right direction. Hell, I'll sign up for GM.

BlueNGold 11-01-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dislimb (Post 2040400217)
The Browns need to throw some money at either Brodie Croyle or Jason Campbell (both are UFAs) in the offseason. They also need to get a possession receiver like Kevin Walter (who is also a UFA) and maybe a new right tackle. They should also either switch to a 4-3 defense or at least sign and/or draft a linebacker or two with the physical capabilities to play the 3-4. A playmaker at safety also couldn't hurt. If they did all of those things I could see them winning 7 games or so next year which would be a huge step in the right direction. Hell, I'll sign up for GM.

The last thing the Browns need is another mediocre QB IMO. I agree with everything else.