Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   scoring from 1? (/forums/showthread.php?t=373486)

redsoxallday 11-02-2009 10:21 AM

scoring from 1?

is anyone having trouble scoring inside the 5 yd line? isnt it like this in every Madden?

i just forced a fumble and my LB picked it up and took it to the 5 until being caught up to. so i set up at the 4 and my run is stuffed 4 times in a row and i turn it over at the 1 yrd line?
really?:confused:

bhackler 11-02-2009 10:37 AM

Re: scoring from 1?

Yeah, inside the 5 is rough. It's cool though. Being a Bears fan i'm used to being disappointed inside the red zone so i figured it was just the digital Bears imitating the real-life Bears.

redsoxallday 11-02-2009 11:04 AM

i am a....rams fan so i know how it is too

Valdarez 11-02-2009 11:29 AM

There's a goaline play (from Cowboys playbook), can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, it's not a power, but opens to the left (by default) that gets me in every time. I no longer use it as it's pretty much guaranteed.

NFLFanSince1979 11-02-2009 11:41 AM

I either go jumbo or heavy in the goal line formation, the hand it off to my full back. If all else fails, I run a play action pass to my full back in the goal line formation. But I love that the qb sneak and fb dive is easier to stuff this year.

Glorious Arc 11-02-2009 01:21 PM

Grab yourself a few Olinemen with 90+ run block strength(the higher the better), a RB with 90+ truck(again the higher the better) and decent acceleration, sub the new linemen on your goal line set for LG,C,RG and sub in your new RB(possibly pick up a FB who can block but at that point it is almost overkill). Then run a goal line dive play. It greatly increases your effectiveness when attempting to get a one yard run.

EDIT
Who would have thought that madden would have realistically added the way to win on the goal line and short yardage runs was to be able to get a bigger push then the other line and have a north/south runner in the back field?

beardownchitown 11-02-2009 01:24 PM

Goal line play action is your friend.

redsoxallday 11-02-2009 01:38 PM

im obsessed with running the ball inside the 10. i want rushing TD after im passed the 10. Plus i always manage to throw picks in the redzone at least once a game